Pedalkick Touchhop?

Greetings

I went out today after watching this OTN "how to" pisstake video to try and do the Vincent move and found it impossible mainly because I just don't have the power to pedalkick ahead and upwards so high. So I thought it would be a good idea to add a tap to the pedalkick which actually made pedalkicking ahead&upwards piss easy. It's similar to switchfoot tapping from rear wheel but so much easier because you don't have to backhop swich-footed and it requires almost no run-up. Haven't seen anybody do this yet so here's a vid. Would be interesting to see how high it's possible to do this so yeah, if you're a powerful rider give it a go. This one's only about 90cm. There's also a quater crank rotation touchhop in the 3rd clip but I've seen Rowlands do that a few years ago on a Giant so I guess it's nothing new.

Trials-Forum Video ->Full ViewDownloadUpload

its like the move where you put your front wheel on pallets hold it there and then jump to rear on the spot where your front wheel was - wheelswap?

just you did it with speed, ive tried those and they are a bit easier than without speed version, so probably possible to get a bit higher too

Nice shirt, Fabio :P

EDIT: I thought I'd add something to the thread too... Your technique is damn near flawless dude, perfect distance on the kick, wheel gets up just high enough, no noise when moving the rear wheel up (except for brakes). Smooth, Effortless (in appearance)... beautiful dude.

Edited by Sabiot

Ignore the fact you're on the back wheel, and that's exactly how you'd back wheel something with zero run up. I call them granny taps, as you're just clipping the very top of the object, rather than proper bumping.

You're on the back wheel though and it looks like you're pretty much manualing into it. Still a good move to practice, the more ways you can find up an object the better!

I started doing something similar about 4 years back but I started instead with front wheel starting on the floor and gave the pedals a jab to front touch up. Managed it to about bar hight I think. Yours looks good though :)

Just noticed you mentioned me, my bad :)

Edited by rowly

We in Russia (myself and my friend Cucomber) have given this a name "Evrodirok", which can be translated as Euro-Pully or smth. This name comes exactly from GET videos, where we have observed this move frequently.

Now this name is officially stated in russian Wikipedia on "biketrials moves")))