Parents Ever Tried To Stop You Doing Trials?

Daborn Meister

Anyway, trials has got to be one of the safest sports going. I mean you get the odd twisted ankle and occasionally someone breaks a bone but in reality there are hardly any injuries, and I've not really heard of anyone injuring themselves to the point that it's either life-threatening or stops you doing the sport. Think how many professional footballers have their career ended by a bad tackle. Trials is nothing like that.

As a trials dad and trials rider I love to teach my kids do more and more daring stuff then get the mother-in-law round to watch my son do a drop off or clear a jump at our local BMX track to just watch her as she nearly has a heart attack!!! :giggle:

I hope I will always support my kids in what ever they want to do but being a parent is a weird thing because you find yourself turning into your own parents and that's scary! :blink: But at the moment I am enjoying watching them grow and being a proud dad, especially when they take their trophies into school and get them presented in assembly.

Trials is unique and a very special skill, not sure I will be saying that when they want a £1500 EchOnziMonty spangdangly trials bike but again that is in the future. :lol:

Yes.

When I was sixteen and at boarding school, I was arrested for riding my bike in Taunton with some mates. The fact that actually annoyed my parents more was that this was during a time when I was supposed to be in school revising for my GCSE's.

After my dad had come and bailed me out, he said "I think perhaps we should keep your bike at home until the end of term, so as you can concentrate better." My grades actually slipped from predicted C's to predicted fails in the two weeks I didn't have a bike until I yelled enough and got given it back.

Parents have never tried to stop me from doing anything primarily because its physically dangerous.

Rich

Both my parents are fine with me riding, but my mum still wonders why I buy such an expensive bike and go out and hop on it. My dad is more supportive cos a senior rider was working under him, so my dad got a little bit of info in trials riding.

my parents have never tried and stooped me no matter how many injuries i come home with. i wouldn't say they know what i am talking about when i explain what i am doing and what i have done. Dad has always been into motorbikes but doesnt make him that more supportivve. my mum did ask me a little while ago why i didnt do motorbike trials instead not realising that you cant ride a motor trials bike where i normally ride my trials bike. i think the council may have something to say about it.

my parents have never wanted me to stop they love me doing th sport, but they think im crazy how much time and money i spend on my bike :P

there always saying"i cant belive you spend all that money on your bike when you can go to halfords and buy a bike for £100...... and it comes with a seat. i just laugh and walk off :)

hahahah my dad says the same thing. but he doesnt discourage me.

Street riding on moto trials bikes is awesome though - have a look for a biking film called 'Out of Section' - It's pretty much all street riding on mototrials bikes. They were even going for 180 drop offs pivoting on the front wheel on motorbikes... I reckon you'd get arrested very fast trying that in Ireland - they filmed Out of Section in France mostly I think...

Street riding on moto trials bikes is awesome though - have a look for a biking film called 'Out of Section' - It's pretty much all street riding on mototrials bikes. They were even going for 180 drop offs pivoting on the front wheel on motorbikes... I reckon you'd get arrested very fast trying that in Ireland - they filmed Out of Section in France mostly I think...

maby if they followed them by helicopter hehe! Can just see the bobbys trying to catch them on foot!

Anyone had much trouble with the police leading to your parents frowning upon trials!? any story’s!?

worst I have ever had was riding the police station wall and just being told, look you have no lights just move on incase you fall and hit someone.

A friend of mine gave himself a nasty shinjury a few weeks back. There were two cops in a squad car watching and they came over and offered to take him to hospital. He declined, and they said they'd be passing back there in a half hour or so and if he changed his mind later the offer was still open... Can't get much cooler than that... :)

The cops usually have better things to be doing than whinging at trials riders - rent a cops on the other hand can be a real pain...

my parents have never wanted me to stop they love me doing th sport, but they think im crazy how much time and money i spend on my bike :P

there always saying"i cant belive you spend all that money on your bike when you can go to halfords and buy a bike for £100...... and it comes with a seat. i just laugh and walk off :)

yeah that is exactly what my mum says to me. Well my mum likes me doing trials becuase good exercise and keeps me out of trouble since i started trials never had any bother with the police no more but she hates it when i get nasty pedal slaps and has to take me to hospital. had a couple of incidents were had to go to hospital to get stitches not nice :lol:. It is my mum that pays for all the bits for my bike yeah sure she doesn't like it so much but if it keeps me happy and out of trouble she doesn't mind. My dad also great help with my bike takes me riding some placves when i am ever staying at his and took me to the comp at fort william just there and supported me was really nice.He also loves watching my video and when i bail.

but why would your parents try to stop doing something you love really really that is just not good.

Craig :)

Edited by czarcraig

Redbull is in order :shifty:

But seriously, my parents have supported me in everything I've done, and I have my dad to thank for my interests in classic cars and bikes in general, which is cool :), they both recognise it as excercise, not being a total b*****d on the streets and having a good time with my mates :)

My Dad has always told me to stop hopping around like a fairy, don some lycra and get a roadie. :lol:

That's it though, my Mum never tries to stop me or push me really, but when we take the motorbikes out she always tells me to take it easy and stop falling off.