Advice On Car Needed!

Boswell

Basically going to buy a car soon and wanted some advice on what car to get. At the moment I am considering getting a ford fiesta (3 door, petrol, 1.25, 1998) but dunno if they are the best choice for a 17 year old first time buyer. I have a budget of £1,000 - £1,200 and would like you to take into consideration Insurance prices. Thanks. Boswell. ;)

Edited by Boswell

i'm sorry, but seriously, how many of these sort of threads are kicking about?

too many.

I found my cars without asking for opinions and I had a general scout around the internet for good insurance deals!

Have a look on forum, there's plenty of these threads that will be useful to you i'm sure (:

Luke

Depends what you want the car for. Do you want something that's fun to drive and maybe something that you can mess about with now and then, or something that's minimum hassle and reliable, good on fuel maybe...

Generally with you being 17 I'd stick to something small in size (easy to manover) and something that's in a low insurance group, usually engine size plays the biggest part in this, I'd say stick to something less than 1500cc.

Like people have said just search the internet, check insurance with different companies and look at other forums for cars, car reviews and what not.

Good luck with finding a car.

i got my 1.6 polo for 1,000 and i love it already had a decent headunit and 6x9's alloys and lights (Y) my insurance is 1,645 on my own policy with an added driver (mum) and legal cover so could of been cheaper. I would say if you don't have alot of money and providing you don't mind about performance then i woud say go for a £200 car that has MOT and TAX and run that for a year until you have some extra cash (Y):)

Hope i helped Tom

Remember to look for TAX and MOT!!

Therefore you should not be allowed to be called the stig i'm sorry.

:( why not? Seriously Polos are the nuts!!! :) OFC the GTI versions :(lol but mine is quick...... was out with my sisters BF today as i ain't passed yet..... and he let me speed lol so i floored it and left a Astra 1.6 16V (Y) it's sooo much lighter and smaller..... when she is lowered she will be quicker in the turns as well :D

EDIT: and no Hendrix it isn't mine was like 1,500 without but it's always nice to have someone else able to drive it (Y)

Edited by The Stig

:( why not? Seriously Polos are the nuts!!! :) OFC the GTI versions :(lol but mine is quick...... was out with my sisters BF today as i ain't passed yet..... and he let me speed lol so i floored it and left a Astra 1.6 16V (Y) it's sooo much lighter and smaller..... when she is lowered she will be quicker in the turns as well :D

EDIT: and no Hendrix it isn't mine was like 1,500 without but it's always nice to have someone else able to drive it (Y)

This is mainly why young male drivers insurance cost <£1000. Gay.

Meh f**k it stop moaning like a bitch, i think i am quite a good driver and know my boundries so yeah (Y)

No you don't know your boundaries, you are a learner driver, you know absolutely shit until you pass. You won't learn boundaries until you pass and start having a few near misses (if you are lucky and don't hit anything!) You may very well be a good driver, but don't let that make you think you are the tits. I thought the same as you before i passed, and i was/still am very lucky that i haven't crashed. Just be careful dude

toyota yaris, 1L, 1.3L, vvt-i

its not really what you want, its whats available to you. if you flick through a newspaper and see a corsa 1.2 with 40,000miles on for 1000£, youll be silly not to buy it

You'd be stupid to buy a corsa. There horrible little cars. Fairliy cheap to buy but if you look how many young lads buy them then write them off your insurance on one would be a pisstake.

Fiesta's quiet a good choice. Depending on the condition really. What you really want to watch out for is corrosion . Particually undr the door appiture and the underbody. Weve had a few old ones at work that failed MOT's because of it and there not really worth repairing when there that old and in such a state. Other than that there not bad cars and the insurance isnt such a killer either

If you can afford it an old mk2 polo would be my choice. Brilliant cars not overly sure what insurance on them is. shoudlnt be to bad for the 1.4 model

fine until you want to stop, vw forgot to spec working brakes on them :P

They aint that bad, they do need a good hard shove and do fade if you want to stop from 80 plus, but nothing steel toe cap boots and sticking to the speed limit wont cure ;)