Rockman Isis Vs. Gu Le '08

Dannoo

Hi there..

Im about to buy some new stuff, and first of all, frames!

I have thought of either the Rockman ISIS or GU LE 08

I found both on tartybikes, and stole the geo specs from there...

How would these 2 compare against each other?

Lets say If I was about to have all the same components on either of the frames... How different would they feel, and what moves would be easier/harder, and why? If we forget about the different prices, and just focus on the specs of the frame.

A friend of mine has the gu le frame, so I have tried that one.. and love it!

The rockman has a higher BB, and a slightly longer wheelbase.

Im more of a streetrider than natural,

but most often Im just building "sections", with pallets, and for me its hours and hours of fun...

Allright, here are the 2 geos..

RockMan ISIS:

Wheelbase: 1100mm

Chainstay Length: 380mm

BB Rise: 45mm

Head Angle: 71 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 680mm

large_rockframe.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

GU LE '08

Wheelbase: 1080mm

Chainstay Length: 383mm

BB Rise: 40mm

Head Angle: 71.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 660mm (26")

large_gule26.jpg

Thankful for tips and ideas! :D

//Daniel

Edited by Dannoo

The LE is a really nice frame, haven't had any experience with the RockMan frame yet.

Personally I'd choose the LE due to the head tube angle. The frame will feel slightly more manageable and flicky. It's also got quite a balanced geometry which makes for a good all round frame.

Having said that I wouldn't have either of these. Consider a GU ST or Czar long if you haven't yet.

I would have been pretty on the fence, but as everybody else has said LE, I'm going to say Rockman :P

Light, longer, nicer looking in my opinion (minus stickers), horizontal dropouts which I love. Don't like the headangle though on either frame. Would have to get Koxx forks with either, especially with the rockman...

My current frame has 1065mm, the GU 1080mm, and the rockman 1100mm.

I think the GU felt great getting up and keeping the balance on the rear wheel..

Will that feeling be lost if I were to have 2cm longer wheelbase?

or does the 45mm mm BB compensate for that? 5mm higher bb than GU LE

And would the 4.5 cm increase from my current frame, make it feel terrible?

I ride a GU LE. Mine just happens to be better than the rest, because Mr Barton test rode it ;) Would be nicer if it was longer. Stem/bar on mine needs to be changed. Run a koxx or meta fork (Y)

Or

Look at the GU ST

Edited by Jason222

Dont forget that the actual wheel base and bb rise of the rockman will change if you use any other forks other than koxx. The wheelbase will be 10mm longer and also the bb rise will be higher as most forks have a longer leg lenght compared to koxx.

Because it's supposedly the same as a Forxx which means it has less rake than the average trials fork.

Yeah, rake.

Although the lengths are different, which are personal preference...but I honestly LOVE 35 mm rake. Running a meta fork makes the bb height about +45 as well.

Edited by Jason222

I have tried Mr Rockman's Rockman bike 2 weeks ago. I have never ridden the GU before, so this isn't really a fair comparison. I'm not really good at giving reviews though.

Despite the long wheelbase, the bike "feels" short. Honestly it's my second or third time trying out a stock bike cos most of my friends ride mods. I'm 174cm and thin, and it does feel a little high for me (maybe I'm just not used to riding a stock).

Edited by spaceman