Old Dog, New Tricks...

r2wtrials

Thanks to all of you that helped with filling in my knowledge of the modern geometry and what type of frame i should look for ... and thanks to forum Member Balfa i now have an Echo Pure frame. As money is a bit tight this month i have changed over my stuff from the old Giant onto it but will gradually add things i want. Wider rear rim being the first i think. I may go back to my middleburns rather than the Onza mod cranks that are fitted.

But here it is as a quick build up so i can at least practice falling off it!!!

newecho.jpg

for those interested the geo is ... 34E-24-34. Height: 5'6" ½" and yes it is Kelly Brook :D

Edited by r2wtrials

Forks are Revell...

Thought you may want to see this... perhaps not!!

Outside my garage with my 2 bikes in 2000

trialspictures007.jpg

... and outside my garage today :D

betaecho.jpg

The motos are 1995 Beta Techno and a 2008 Beta 270 rev3

and the cycles are Sunn team issue frame and of course the '06 Pure. Think you will see that the rear wheel assembly is the same one :D !!!

your kidding... a good riders frame, going to make it even worse that it is ridden my a complete monkey like me now!! Any images or vids of him riding it... so i can see what it will actually do!!

Edited by r2wtrials

A couple of subtle changes done...

Changed the stem to a slightly longer Kore and removed some stackers to make it more comfortable when i am on the back wheel... something i can actually do for a short while!! :)

echorhnew.jpg

I tried my Middleburns but two things made me change back. I would need a longer bottom bracket as the 'burns hit the frame and also as they are the old RS HD middleburns they have a spider rather than the more common method of fitting and therefore i could get only a standard old style rock ring on there and a 22 or perhaps 20 sprocket. The rockring looked huge compared to the Echo mod style one on there now and just looked wrong.

I have added some thick motorcycle black graphics to the underside of the frame to help with scuffs when i cock up getting onto something! And have designed a little simple r2w logo for the frame where the echo one would have gone... in black and white with a small hint of red. Keep the understated look going.

Yes i know the rims are very small compared to your bikes but i am crap and old and won't be doing big drops and hits so they will do until i have spare cash for at least a rear one to be built up.

The Deore v with avid lever on the back is ok but there is a little flex and i am on the lookout for a nice cnc'd booster... i see the echo ones are 20 quid in the shops so may do that unless anyone has a better deal. Maggie may be fitted at a later date when i have the cash...

Edited by r2wtrials

The Deore v with avid lever on the back is ok but there is a little flex and i am on the lookout for a nice cnc'd booster... i see the echo ones are 20 quid in the shops so may do that unless anyone has a better deal. Maggie may be fitted at a later date when i have the cash...

Noooooo!! dont do it, just keep the vee :P Maggie would spoil a lovely bike :P

Looks really nice though dude (Y)

cheers... i agree, got renewed respect for v's after years of using discs. Just a booster needed i think and the graphics made up by a mate.

The rear hub is an old Hope so not a huge amount of clicks... once again if a good rear wheel built up on a solid rear hub came up i will grab it and go front free-wheel.

not too bad seeing almost all of it was out of my spares bin in the garage!!

Echo pure '06 frame, v adaptors, Kore stem, Azonic bars, odi lock-on grips, Hope front disc, Shmimano Deore rear, avid rear lever, Mavic 121 rear rim!!, Mavic x320 disc rim front, Hope rear hub, Felt front disc hub, Revell Fork, Onza cranks with Echo bashguard, Rohloff tensioner, Steel braided brake cable outer, wellgo pedals and IRC tyres.... now all i need is the rain to stop!!

I am off to Hook Woods tomorrow to see the british motorcycle championship... sadly i will have cameras with me as they have some nice bits to play on there :)

Edited by r2wtrials