Advice On Gapping

Dan Thornton

set up with your ams slightly bent, like 45 degrees, same with legs...

angle your self slightly at like 30 degrees... and so that your forward foot is the side of the bike facing away from what your gaping to..

then when youvre got your balance perfect and feel comfortable lower the front and kick hard! like also pushing your self over the bars then pull the bike back under you and lift it up a bit and throw it forward aiming your back wheel onto the wall.

watch some of damon watsons vids and slow down the gaps... and youll see what i mean :)

How much drop do you need to practice gaps? I see that most people move down a little while gapping, at first, the move up. I have been trying to learn from 1 pallet to 1 pallet. Is this high enough? I tend to hit the ground once in a while with the rear tire.

Sorry not tryin to jack your thread but it seemed to fit.

hi

another point to note

when you are just put in the pedal stroke and are "airborn" let go of your break right untill the point when you are going to land and the re-apply

it helps the bike keep its forward momentum..... and also if you have a hope hub or a chris king it sounds amazing, but the important gain is the momentum of course :-

Edited by tdubz