Drilled My Rear Rim And I'm Using Hs33

JamieWilliams

This is what my brake sounds like and now it has bedded in it is amazing.

youtube

1) You can't judge how good a brake is by its sound (obviously an audiable honk is the usual good noise, but some people's brakes make no noise at all and are just as good).

2) If your using the same pads before you drilled the holes, what is there to bed in? also polyurethane pads are not affected by releasing agents in the same way that disc brake pads are, which is why disc brake pads need to be bed in.

1) You can't judge how good a brake is by its sound (obviously an audiable honk is the usual good noise, but some people's brakes make no noise at all and are just as good).

2) If your using the same pads before you drilled the holes, what is there to bed in? also polyurethane pads are not affected by releasing agents in the same way that disc brake pads are, which is why disc brake pads need to be bed in.

but the pads do need to wear in the the shape of the rim.....

Mind you, I'm no engineer, but wouldn't removing surface area for the brake pads to make contact provide less braking power overall? Granted, the holes are rather small, so I guess not. Maybe it keeps the rims cooler like a good cross drilled rotor? I dunno. If it works...

Can you please space them more evenly on the next rim? I think that would look much nicer!

Now if they made your rims whistle while you rode about, I'd be all over that!

whhhiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ ;)