3 Usb Modem

Caleb

Basically im paying for a 3 usb modem and using it with my desktop computer.

however after around 10 minutes of been connected, i suddenly get disconnected then have to restart the pc to get back on the internet.

ive tried two of my mates laptops with the modem and it doesn't disconnect whatsoever so im sure theres no problem with the unit itself.

im currently at uni and checked for signal strength on the 3 website and the cover age is fine.

ive looked at the 3 help website and deleted any clashing software such as alcohol 120 etc.

tried restarting etc

tried installing and re-installing etc

any ideas welcomed, cheers

I did try ringing initally when i found the problem but was very difficult to understand what the guy was saying.

he tried telling me the signal in my area is down at the moment , but it obviously cant be as my mates laptops acess the interent fine.

ive tried the 3 website trouble shooting too, think i might have to set up a new connection manually again and see if i have any luck.

i did go back to carphone warehouse to be greeted by some greasy haired smug shite who was unhelpful to say the least.

he basically said to phone customer support and there was no chance of cancelling the contract.

ive had the modem for about 9 days and think i have one of the better ones with the 5 gig allowance per month.

im writing this using the modem now on my desktop pc and like i say it does work on laptops so just dont understand why it cuts out on here and not on laptops?

cheers for the help i guess it must be something to do with that as the other laptops ive tried have been pretty much brand new, hence not as much software/stuff to clash?

another thing is normally before it cuts me off it comes up with "generic host process for win 32 services" send error/do not send error report.

dont know if thats related?

i did go back to carphone warehouse to be greeted by some greasy haired smug shite who was unhelpful to say the least.

he basically said to phone customer support and there was no chance of cancelling the contract.

ive had the modem for about 9 days and think i have one of the better ones with the 5 gig allowance per month.

You have a 14 day cooling off period to cancel that contract if you wish :)

another thing is normally before it cuts me off it comes up with "generic host process for win 32 services" send error/do not send error report.

dont know if thats related?

Mine does that and wont let me reconnect, apparently its because when you uninstall things, it removes files that windows needs...put in a windows cd, let it repair and it should work (i'm waiting for my xp cd to come back to me so i can try)

Only if you dont use it, 3 are absolute wankers, i am never going back with them again because i like not getting raped

Not sure, My sisters one just turned red and stopped receiving signal.

Does yours have a little light on the top that goes from red to orange then green when you connect ?

yeah mine has the light but goes a dim red to flashing blue to a turqoise solid blue when connected.

yeah like said below i dont think thats the case with 3 as they make it clear in the manual :(

i have a 3usb modem too but i haven't experienced your problem .have you tried using it in a different usb port ?only thing i could think it may be.

yeah tried every usb port and the extension cable too

Mine does that and wont let me reconnect, apparently its because when you uninstall things, it removes files that windows needs...put in a windows cd, let it repair and it should work (i'm waiting for my xp cd to come back to me so i can try)

Only if you dont use it, 3 are absolute wankers, i am never going back with them again because i like not getting raped

yeah i feel the same, so an xp cd should sort it? just put it in and click repair?