Bb Choice And Cranksets

slammin_vinyl

buying a crankset and BB in nxt month and i would like to know others opinions.

im a little out of date on cranks, at present im running a reasonable set of FSA cranks, VIZ screw-on sprok and a little koxx bash.

im i want to be running an 18t chain ring, can use my existing 1 if needed and not a major but would like anno blue crank arms in X-type.

BB im open to suggestions but would want hollow tech (x-type) anno blue BB. the hope x-type worth buyin?

budget is open so dont mind going to round £200 or so.

middle burns may be a thought, rs7 or rs8's i dont know you guys advise.

thanks

vince

Edited by slammin_vinyl

As the RS8s are xc cranks they are not covered for trials use like the RS7s. My personal crankset/BB is RS7s with heatsink cloud9 and hope titanium BB; light and strong although you cant buy the hope BBs anymore :(

I guess the lightest you could go for would be tryall or trialtech cranks with a screw on sprocket with one of the decent titanium BBs (if you can get the spindle long enough).

I've no experience with the Hollow Tech bb but i read Chris King have one in production now. So that's always a thought.

If it was me i would probably just get 'burns in black as they don't come in blue. And the Cloud 9 bash. It's a bit ugly but it's proven to be pretty solid. Save you messing about with the spider arm.

I just had a look at what Hollow Tech compatible cranks there are. Wasn't that many that were appropriate. I think if you can find a bottom bracket with decent/ many bearings then you'd be pretty safe with that and a Middleburn setup.

I like the look of this BB. 5 year warranty, and the double sided drive side bearing. Dunno what the warranty covers, but i imagen they're pretty legit.

I've no experience with the Hollow Tech bb but i read Chris King have one in production now. So that's always a thought.

If it was me i would probably just get 'burns in black as they don't come in blue. And the Cloud 9 bash. It's a bit ugly but it's proven to be pretty solid. Save you messing about with the spider arm.

I just had a look at what Hollow Tech compatible cranks there are. Wasn't that many that were appropriate. I think if you can find a bottom bracket with decent/ many bearings then you'd be pretty safe with that and a Middleburn setup.

I like the look of this BB. 5 year warranty, and the double sided drive side bearing. Dunno what the warranty covers, but i imagen they're pretty legit.

thanks the bb sounds like a good buy, glad you pointed that out.

which leaves me with 1 question; do i go for the rs7's orrrrrr the trial techs? i hear of fat pasties snapping rs7's but at 10 stone i dont think i have much to worry about but are the trial tech's available in blue?

i think x-type is a good option but if theres not enough on the market for trials then ill stick with proven products (isis).

thanks for input guys (Y)