Why Me?

SkiLLz

Hey, so the deal is when I got my bike it came with Smart Guy forks and yes I know almost everyone that reads this is going to tell me how crap they are but I got used to the ride with them on. The problem I have is I can gap to front and pedal up to front now and these forks can't take it. The other day I done a gap to front, not very big but the forks made a huge cracking sound >_< Since then I've heard it about 5 times, there's no cracks or anything on the forks and It's not the headset making noises but I get the feeling that one day I'm going to go all out and do a bigger gap to front than usual and they're going to snap. So I might as well get some new forks now but I hate parting with money, let's face it who doesn't but since It's for a good cause I will. My mate recommended Echo Lite 07's what do you think is good to with stand gap to front's ect. Oh and I'm learning to tap as well, so I need some that don't weigh too much but can withstand the pressure.

Thanks!

If they've got a pressed and welded insert in the bottom of the steerer like Deng forks then it's possibly just this insert moving inside the steerer tube which isn't much to be concerned about.

Unfortunately if it's a crack then it's the complete opposite situation and you need to start thinking about replacing them.

Oh yeah i never thought about that I've just switched pads on my Louise maybe that's the problem. Also one of the screws on my rotor is rounded so I couldn't tighten it back to what it should be, high possibility of it being that?!

Hey, so the deal is when I got my bike it came with Smart Guy forks and yes I know almost everyone that reads this is going to tell me how crap they are but I got used to the ride with them on. The problem I have is I can gap to front and pedal up to front now and these forks can't take it. The other day I done a gap to front, not very big but the forks made a huge cracking sound >_< Since then I've heard it about 5 times, there's no cracks or anything on the forks and It's not the headset making noises but I get the feeling that one day I'm going to go all out and do a bigger gap to front than usual and they're going to snap. So I might as well get some new forks now but I hate parting with money, let's face it who doesn't but since It's for a good cause I will. My mate recommended Echo Lite 07's what do you think is good to with stand gap to front's ect. Oh and I'm learning to tap as well, so I need some that don't weigh too much but can withstand the pressure.

Thanks!

you ride a mod no ?

I've just checked the steerer tube for cracks ect. found nothing and i made sure every bolt but 1 on my disk is tight as i can get it. I don't know if it's a problem with the headset, anyone had this kind of problem with a Mango II headset?