Trials Training

J Trials 31

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQfTgqQBok very motivating imo, some big jumps in the video too

interesting...but he looks a bit heavy...maybe not the best thing for trialsriding...look a gilles coustellier...

what about someone like tony jaa (ong bak's actor) http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=4vDAPPvkUYE

he looks explosive as feck and really light weight

interesting...but he looks a bit heavy...maybe not the best thing for trialsriding...look a gilles coustellier...

nope he isnt very heavy

i have gained 5kg with gym training and im much faster and more explosive and my riding has gone a lot better both strenght and stamina

ok but muscles are heavy...so you need to take care about that

what do you think about tony jaa? :D

The density within muscle fibres is not relevant, the power and strength within the fibres is ie; go back to that video clip of the powerlifter static jumping that wooden horse on page-2. Leopards weigh approx 400-500lbs yet they are capable of static leaping 9ft high. How much you weigh has no bearing on how much kinetic power the human body can potentially generate through any form of training/conditioning weather is via gym work, riding, deep breathing excerises. even water can increase your body strength by around 10-20% for a short period but youve gotta drink ridiculous amounts to feel any benefits of rock hard muscle. drink 8 glasses/500ml of water every 10-15mins for 45-60mins then stop drinking. if you tense your biceps, it should feel rock hard. it is during this window that you should ride hard for as long as you can till you break sweat because if you don't, you'll start pissing yourself every 15-20mins when you stop to take a breather. oh yeah Tony Jaa in Warrior King is amazing, how bloody high is that lampost light-bulb he kicks 11-12ft :S

I do quite a lot of weights, but i have found that since I started trials again about 2-3 months ago (after a space of about 5-6 years out of it) the muscles in my forearms have increased in size dramatically. Because of this I would say that, yes its good to do weights and stuff, but definitely the best way is jus to do more and more trials.

I just go B-Boying (Or "breakdancing" as it's commercially known as... wrong though)

No other sport works out as many muscles in your body as this does. I feel the strength and balance benefits already; as well as better hand-eye coordination and reflexes. Better flexibility too.

i couldnt find the old video where TRA works in gym on youtube so i uploaded it

gym training is in the end of the video

Yeah, got that one on my Zune. Actually got all the TRA vids I believe. First Karbon vid I think it is. If anybody wants I can probably load my collection to Vimeo.

Has anyone tried that whey protein stuff? Does it actually work? And how does it work?

yes, i got some of FAST AC-C and FAST Muscle+ to try out, these are mainly for recovery and they do work

but at first you need to have a good nutrition plan, otherwise all those supplements are a waste of money

i can see that some people have some hcore stamina! if you can do a 2000kg squat just once and youre about 75-80kg then you shoul be able to sidehop about 2.5m :turned:

Has anyone tried that whey protein stuff? Does it actually work? And how does it work?

Ive been taking whey protein for around 8 months, its to aid muscle recovery and growth after training, i usualy take a shake out riding with me to stop hunger pangs too :)

it works by delivering protein (which is broken down into amino acids)to torn muscle tissue, wich inturn, makes youre body OVER compensate for it, and develope new muscle tissue

isnt a miricle worker though, but it works

Ive been taking whey protein for around 8 months, its to aid muscle recovery and growth after training, i usualy take a shake out riding with me to stop hunger pangs too :)

it works by delivering protein (which is broken down into amino acids)to torn muscle tissue, wich inturn, makes youre body OVER compensate for it, and develope new muscle tissue

isnt a miricle worker though, but it works

Damon how long have you been riding riding trials and how long have you been working out in gym? id like to know how much can i expect improvement for next season