Snapped My Hydraulic Hose

neotropolis

Snapped the crossover on my rear Magura HS33s. I have got the new hose, some blood and the ends (cant remember what they are called) that i need, but I am having trouble geting the ends onto the hose. Can anyone help or does anyone have any suggestions?

Magura Hose Clamps

This is what you need, you clamp the hose into them and them hammer the barbed screw into it with a little washing up liquid.

I didn't want to waste my money on them so i got a chunk of wood. Drilled a hole slightly smaller than the hose into the wood. Then i cut the wood in half down the hole. Then just used them in the same way :P I used jubilee clips on the wood to hold the hose in proper tight.

Worked for me :)

Hope this helps.

Magura Hose Clamps

This is what you need, you clamp the hose into them and them hammer the barbed screw into it with a little washing up liquid.

I didn't want to waste my money on them so i got a chunk of wood. Drilled a hole slightly smaller than the hose into the wood. Then i cut the wood in half down the hole. Then just used them in the same way :P I used jubilee clips on the wood to hold the hose in proper tight.

Worked for me :)

Hope this helps.

I do already have these clamps, but when i tried hammering in the barb ends last nite the hose just kept splitting.

I do already have these clamps, but when i tried hammering in the barb ends last nite the hose just kept splitting.

When you clamp the hose make sure there is about 5mm sticking out the top, you can lube the barb up with a little washing up liquid but it should go in dry. Gently tap the fitting in over the 1st barb then move the hose another 5mm out of the clamps and repeat till its seated home. You need to be very gentle with the tapping, hitting it too hard will try to deform the plastic too quickly and it will split.

When you clamp the hose make sure there is about 5mm sticking out the top, you can lube the barb up with a little washing up liquid but it should go in dry. Gently tap the fitting in over the 1st barb then move the hose another 5mm out of the clamps and repeat till its seated home. You need to be very gentle with the tapping, hitting it too hard will try to deform the plastic too quickly and it will split.

I was trying to do this last nite, but I oviously must have been hitting it too hard. Ill have to try again tonight. Does anyone know any way how i can make the hose more pliable so the barb goes in better?

I was trying to do this last nite, but I oviously must have been hitting it too hard. Ill have to try again tonight. Does anyone know any way how i can make the hose more pliable so the barb goes in better?

Dont think so, heating it up will deform the tube too much. Try a spot of lube and it might work better :)

it should look like a grub screw, [so you'll see the space for an alen key] theres not alot to see, if you don't understand i'll use my amazing paint skills though..

post-7977-1225227219_thumb.jpg

ninja skills...

Some amazing paint skills there. Thanks for your help, i'll try and bleed it again tomorow night.