Would Eno Or Tensile Fit On A Standard Onza Bb?

Daveee

The BB is either going to be 68mm or 73mm wide (The width of the bottom bracket on your frame), and the spindle is measured seperately from end to end, e.g. 128mm for most front freewheel setups. So your BB is probably either a 68x128 or 73x128, but without actually measuring it it'd be hard to tell. Are you running a freewheel at the moment?

The BB is either going to be 68mm or 73mm wide (The width of the bottom bracket on your frame), and the spindle is measured seperately from end to end, e.g. 128mm for most front freewheel setups. So your BB is probably either a 68x128 or 73x128, but without actually measuring it it'd be hard to tell. Are you running a freewheel at the moment?

Nope

You can get budget Onza bbs from Tarty at £14 posted. In 127.5mm length i think it was, (the longer length) will provide enough clearance for the setup. I presume it's square taper needed?

you, square taper i looked on the Onza website and the Bb is from a T-Pro and it said its 50mm

I agree. You think you will get all this stuff at that price? lol

Yes.. There is a few people in "For Sale" selling such stuff at them prices but are not active much or have allready sold them.

And it's allready been stated what size Bb it is (N)

Just close this now.

There is no way you will get that stuff at those prices, the freewheel you're looking at £15-£20 posted, the cranks £35-40, the booster £15-£20.

It might be a 122.5mm, but it all depends on what cranks you have, which you havn't posted yet. Anyway, seeing as you want a set of Tensiles, I assume you're going ISIS, so as long as you get a long ISIS BB then you'll be fine.

EDIT: In fact, it doesn't need to be that long, my brother had tensile cranks with a tensile freewheel, and it had loads of clearance, you could probably get away with a 122.5 ISIS bb.

Edited by Muel

Was the BB from a recent Onza bike?

If it was from a T-Pro or higher spec then they all come with front freewheel as standard, the newer models being Tensile freewheel fitted so you probably won't have much of a problem.

As for the whole, "Screw square taper!" business, if your strapped for cash, stick with square taper, I'm still running that after 2 years of trials.

I do go through BB's a lot more than most trials bikers but its easier to afford £10 a time rather than £40.

As for the whole, "Screw square taper!" business, if your strapped for cash, stick with square taper, I'm still running that after 2 years of trials.

I do go through BB's a lot more than most trials bikers but its easier to afford £10 a time rather than £40.

Too true, but ISIS gives that sense of safety when going big. But i've never had a problem before, i just switched as riding is bigger now and i've read/ heard various stories.

But i don't think i'd still have any problem running Square Taper these days either. Besides as long as you maintain the bike...

There is no way you will get that stuff at those prices, the freewheel you're looking at £15-£20 posted, the cranks £35-40, the booster £15-£20.

It might be a 122.5mm, but it all depends on what cranks you have, which you havn't posted yet. Anyway, seeing as you want a set of Tensiles, I assume you're going ISIS, so as long as you get a long ISIS BB then you'll be fine.

EDIT: In fact, it doesn't need to be that long, my brother had tensile cranks with a tensile freewheel, and it had loads of clearance, you could probably get away with a 122.5 ISIS bb.

I had an offer for £30 i was just seeing how low i could get them.. And it's nothing to do with this topic so my signiture is totally irrelavant

with a 68mm bottom bracket, you can get away with running a 118mm bottom bracket with muscleman cranks and a tensile freewheel with no bashring and have a good few mm clearence. abviously, with a 73mm shell, you're going to want an axle around 10mm longer.

edit: I have some 175mm tensiles you can buy for £35 plus postage?

Edited by Sam Doman

The issue with square taper cranks though is that it depends how worn the tapers on your cranks are. I had a set of Musclemen that 'cos I he-maned my cranks on all the time (Doing the bolt up as tight as I could), it meant even with a 128mm spindle I could barely get a freewheel to clear 'cos they sat a lot further up on the tapers. Seems to be a problem a few people have on here, so it's not always as clearcut with taper as it is with ISIS.