Viz Rims

white-lightning

Viz rims are structually fine, from expirience they can take a real bashing, also fairly lightweight. The only problem I found with these rims, is that they don't hold a grind very well what so ever, it was a case of I put a grind on my rim, a week or so later, it was basically dead. However, depending on what type of pads you use this isn't an issue, because some pads will not lack in performence when the grind starts to die, as stated above, Koxx Blue's are a prime example. You could also run it as a smooth rim with slightly softer pads, like Plazmatic Crm's or Zoo pads and the performce would be just as good all the same, but instead of grinding the rim, you just have to clean the rim around once a week in order to keep the performence at it's best. If you ride in the rain or alot of muddy comps, the smooth rim option I wouldn't reccomend.

Also take a look at the pad reviews section in Trials Chat. Will help you out with what you need to know i'm sure.

I had a Meta rim, which is identical to that, and I think the try-all is the same rim as well. Both hold a grind if you grind at a harsh angle, if you grind at a shallow angle, it wont hold worth crap on any rim. I was grinding every week, and then put a proper harsh grind on, and haven't ground in 2.5 months. Grind still has lots of life left too.

Viz rims are structually fine, from expirience they can take a real bashing, also fairly lightweight. The only problem I found with these rims, is that they don't hold a grind very well what so ever, it was a case of I put a grind on my rim, a week or so later, it was basically dead. However, depending on what type of pads you use this isn't an issue, because some pads will not lack in performence when the grind starts to die, as stated above, Koxx Blue's are a prime example. You could also run it as a smooth rim with slightly softer pads, like Plazmatic Crm's or Zoo pads and the performce would be just as good all the same, but instead of grinding the rim, you just have to clean the rim around once a week in order to keep the performence at it's best. If you ride in the rain or alot of muddy comps, the smooth rim option I wouldn't reccomend.

Also take a look at the pad reviews section in Trials Chat. Will help you out with what you need to know i'm sure

black and bold = what he actually wanted to know

red and bold = gobledy gooch

lol made me chuckle any way.