Isis Bottom Brackets

grant_hundley

New frame has 73mm bb shell so can't use my echo external bb anymore.

I need a really strong bb, with decent bearings. But not silly price like the SKF BFR-600 costing £60.

Had a Truvativ giga pipe in the past and it seemed alright, but I wasn't half much of a basher when I had one.

Was also thinking of the cheaper SKF bb, the BFR-300. It's £5 more than a giga pipe, are the bearings any better or is the axle any stronger?

Don't want anything like an echo internal or try-all etc, just don't trust them.

Advice please :)

Pm me if you have an skf or giga pipe you'd sell :)

cheers.

Was also thinking of the cheaper SKF bb, the BFR-300. It's £5 more than a giga pipe, are the bearings any better or is the axle any stronger?

I have the SKF bb and it's really good in my opinion. I'm not a basher so it hasn't been put through as much abuse as other people would probably give it but i'v had it quite a while now and it is still running like it was new. I can't compare it to the giga pipe bb though as i have never had one but i can say that i would recomend the SKF bb to anyone on a bit of a budget.

gigapipes are one of the strongest bb's on the planet. Definitely reccomended.

Seconded! Gigapipes realy are awsome bottom brackets, i have also noticed that Chainreaction are now stocking FSA platinum pro DH BB's in 73 x 128mm which i have always found good too, also alot ligther than gigapipes, but alittle more costly.

Adam

Yeah the bearings in the truvativ are...well....id be impressed if you can crank flip them without a front freewheel :P But they are uberuber tough. I had problems getting mine in my zona zip for some reason , something about different thread pitches i think, but i was told that was an onza/zona thing only and most others are fine :)

Truvativ's a good investment imo