The Sites

crazy_gap girl

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but they are both down.

My host Sniffhost (shithost) have deactivated my accounts for no apparent reason! I renewed everything back in March this year, so as far as i am aware i should still have two working sites till March 2009!

I have been emailing them for the past 2-3 weeks, but no reply.

I just thought i should let everyone know, mostly to do with TrialsQueens.com, if anyone was wondering why it had gone, and its not because im taking a break at the moment, it's because of some missunderstanding, but i have a feeling its going to take some time to get my domain names back, mainly because they just arent getting back to me!

Anyone want to point me toward some RELIABLE hosting would be great! :D

That's a shame Nadine, we're using freehostia.com at work, they're really reliable as far as I know, we've never had any trouble.

Oh by the way, thanks for letting me review your site for my assignment last year, it made it really easy because it was a similar subject to the one I was building, so ta!

Streamline is alright, they are ok at communicating, good price, and the ftp/upload systems is really easy for starter to intermediate users and designers.

Unlimited space i think its £30 a year. I have 5 sites with them and rarely have any issues and if i do they sort it out reasonably quickly.

No hosters seem to have anyone on the phone anymore, i went with streamline because they had telephone help, but they have withdrawn it now.

• 4 weeks later...

Sniffhost are shit, I bought a hosting package, decided I didn't want it, so emailed them every day for about 2 weeks saying I wanted to cancel it, they replied to me once saying they had had problems with the email server, and I never heard back from them, massive waste of money.

Sniffhost are shit, I bought a hosting package, decided I didn't want it, so emailed them every day for about 2 weeks saying I wanted to cancel it, they replied to me once saying they had had problems with the email server, and I never heard back from them, massive waste of money.

Sniffhost owe me a lot of money, but are deciding to ignore my emails for the past 2 years. I bought several domains and a hosting package from them. They took the money out of my bank, but never set up the domains or sent me details surrounding the host. I ended up buying the exact same domains from 123reg, despite having already paid for them. Would never deal with them again. I just use Streamline now

• 2 months later...

just a warning, sniffhost sent me a renewal but a problem on their site wont let me renew and they aren't replying to my emails again so if the sites do go offline, you all know why.

Anyone got any ideas how i can get my domain names back? they aren't in my name and i have no info about them so i need some help about getting them back!

just a warning, sniffhost sent me a renewal but a problem on their site wont let me renew and they aren't replying to my emails again so if the sites do go offline, you all know why.

Anyone got any ideas how i can get my domain names back? they aren't in my name and i have no info about them so i need some help about getting them back!

Let them run out, then buy them with another domain company? I use names.co.uk just because it's nice and simple and I've never had any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A tip from us (we learnt the hard way) never buy your domain names from the same place as your hosting!

Thanks, I didn't know that 3 years ago! I do now!

I am having great difficulty getting the .com in my name and transferred some where else but i obviously cant transfer it because its not technically mine ..(yet) I am also going through the same thing for my .co.uk