Xbmc...

Tomm

so please can someone explain this to an old man who hasn't seen tomorrows world in a long time..

do i need to chip my x box one? if so is it easy?

i heard about this and i'm moving house very soon and thought this might be a cool thing to do...

kenny

You dont need to chip it, you can do though, i did mine years ago, was like 8 wires to solder. you can get the no solder ones, but their crap(or at least were crap). but you can soft mod it, which isnt the hardest task in the world (type xbox softmod or the like into google) just requires you to spend a little bit on a game,and a couple of other bits.

iPlayer plugin on XBMC?

Yup - http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/

Just download from the site and copy it into the plugins folder and it'll turn up under video plugins. (N.B. Not 'scripts' - I don't know what the difference is between a plugin and a script, but it has to go into the plugins folder)

Is there anything like this for the 360?

I hate doing it through the one on the 360, it's so slow and crap. I tried to watch a film off my pc through my Xbox360, so I could watch it on the bigger screen, but it kept buffering every 10seconds, and the dubbing went out!

At the moment i've been putting the films onto my cameras 4GB CF card, and plugging it into the 360 with my USB memory card reader, then playing it off that...

Is there anything like this for the 360?

I hate doing it through the one on the 360, it's so slow and crap. I tried to watch a film off my pc through my Xbox360, so I could watch it on the bigger screen, but it kept buffering every 10seconds, and the dubbing went out!

Sounds like your connection isn't fast enough for the amount of data in the video. So having XBMC shouldn't make any difference at all, it would still suffer from the same problems I would have thought. It might be worse because the old school xbox doesn't have the horsepower to crunch high bit-rate videos (if it's h.264 HD or similar). If it's just a bog-standard normal definition video file, are you using wireless for the 360? Because in my experience, it's never quite fast enough for reliable streaming (at least 54g wifi isn't).

EDIT: And the answer is no, unfortunately. The 360 is locked down pretty tight which is a shame.