My Simtra St1

Rob/Mitch

Well heres my new Simtra sat against this pillar due to me blowing up my rear hub on a ride in bristol

last week.

I'm just after some opinions on a couple of things, firstly... what forks work well with this frame and what stem and bar combo i should go for?

Currently im running some unknown forks and a pretty flat RaceFace XC stem with Echo flat bars.

But im looking to raise my front end up a little, so what do you guys recommend?

DSC_5222.jpg

Think you're right on the forks, I think they're just some random ones.

I do have some old Zoo bars but they make no difference to the hight or angle of the front,

The way I have my Echos tilted up is very simialr to the way the Zoo's are when on.

What angle stems should i be looking at do you think?

Edited by Rob/Mitch

Think you're right on the forks, I think they're just some random ones.

I do have some old Zoo bars but they make no difference to the hight or angle of the front,

The way I have my Echos tilted up is very simialr to the way the Zoo's are when on.

What angle stems should i be looking at do you think?

My knowledge of "26 bikes is limited although i would suggest something along the lines of 115*15, such as the Simtra ReSyStem.

If your not happy with the zoo! bars consider something with a higher rise then, Monty bars for example.

I looked into getting some Monty TI's but disputed paying £70 for some bars so i bought a pair of PR handle bars which are extremely similar Geo and a considerable amount cheaper, they are however a tad shorter so they've been extended to "29 which is perfect, best bars i've ever used :)

If it is riser bars you are after the Rockman ones are very comfortable but some people may find them abit narrow at 28inchs, if you are after a little more width go for trialtechs, and either of them on a stem between 10 - 17deg rise (rockman bars have more rise than trialtechs) and around 110 - 120mm length

As for forks, i would suggest something like trialtechs, very good forks!

Adam

try some spacers under your stem if you want to lift the front end a bit higher (Y)

Cant, I need to get some new forks first because the steerer is too short for this frame

It currently only come halfway up the stem.

I'm in the process of buying some meta forks so i can run a kicked up stem.

might chuck a few stackers under it then and see how it feels.

Rob and i rode Ryans Koxx Boxx last weekend and his Try-all rage bars are very nice... but as with almost everything try-all the price can be a bit steep. £55 i believe... anyone know of a bar the same geo that may be cheaper?

when i had my simtra i had echo urban forks and with the bar and stem i had a very high and long echo stem (normally used for bikes with too much bb rise) and new zoo bars, great for bunny hops and normal trialsy moves. whats your kind of riding style though is it like tgs or more streety moves.

why not go for the simtra bar and stem should suit the frame?

Well heres my new Simtra sat against this pillar due to me blowing up my rear hub on a ride in bristol

last week.

I'm just after some opinions on a couple of things, firstly... what forks work well with this frame and what stem and bar combo i should go for?

Currently im running some unknown forks and a pretty flat RaceFace XC stem with Echo flat bars.

But im looking to raise my front end up a little, so what do you guys recommend?

DSC_5222.jpg

trialtech bars ;)

iw udnt bother with spacers, unless ur desperate. them bars spoiling the way youre bike rides. FACT

riser bars not only raise youre bars , but they giv more leverage and are more comfortable

what forks work well with this frame and what stem and bar combo i should go for?

a friend of mine has a trialtech and works very well ;) , but in your case ,try ECHO SL, or if you want something tough B) , try the ZOO! Pitbull'07 is a great fork, but be careful if you use discs because here in Argentina, there was one person who use that fork and broke it in the "caliper" zone :blink: ...

good luck :)

ah I forgot, for stem and handlebar, it depends on how you feel more comfortable :) , in my case, I have a frame with +4 bb, and use a 10º degree stem :- , and until I have thought to invest it even more :lol: ...

from what I read, are very good the Handlebars TRIALTECH ;) , so you should buy it :turned: ...

ah I forgot, for stem and handlebar, it depends on how you feel more comfortable :) , in my case, I have a frame with +4 bb, and use a 10º degree stem :- , and until I have thought to invest it even more :lol: ...

from what I read, are very good the Handlebars TRIALTECH ;) , so you should buy it :turned: ...

no tenes ni idea :D jajaa va bien va bien i like the bike

Update:

phonepics022-1.jpg

I've put my old zoo risers back on and it feels a little better, Im still struggling to find some forks with a long enough steerer. What size steerer do forks come with new?

Mine's obviously been cut and is 180mm and still comes up too short to be able to fit most trials specific stems with oversize steerer clamps safeley.

The only other option is to find a more kicked stem with a shallower steerer clamp.... Any ideas??