Phat Pads & New Phat Backings

Phatmike

They're not out yet, I think I've got the only set made so far. But they work great, and look very similar to the Mag backings. Me, Mike and Max T are off to Europe for 2 weeks tomorrow, so it will probably be a good month or so before they are ready to buy.

sweet are you running them still? what they like?

can i have play saturday

They are the best pads I have ever used, so bitey. I ran em on my gu which didn't have a built in booster and they were good, not such as good hold as my plaz but on my new Gu which has a built in booster ther amazing :)

They are the best pads I have ever used, so bitey. I ran em on my gu which didn't have a built in booster and they were good, not such as good hold as my plaz but on my new Gu which has a built in booster ther amazing :)

loving the sound of these pads!!! gonna have a play saturday! cheers callum!

Really does make a huge difference having a good clean, scrubbed rim to get any dirt, tar if applied in the past etc off. Fresh grind on the rim and these pads really do come alive, I have used these on about 4 different rims smooth and grinded. They will work nicely on a smooth rim and they will work amazing on a good grind and be extremely loud too.

The new vee backings and running Phat Pad material looks very promising from what I have seen of the set given to Matt, look forward to getting myself a set to see how they hold up.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be able to answer emails from time to time, but all orders received will be sent out at the beginning of August. :)

Mike were are my pads dude :blink: paid like 5 days ago but still no pads :huh:

We're at the beginning of August so they will be with you soon.

Just gotta be patient bud. (Y)

Is this fluid like an emulsion type fluid Mike?

Will it be ready in the next couple of weeks?

How much will it cost?

Are you allowed to answer these questions yet? :P

Just I was planning on rebuilding my rear brake along with the rest of my bike and I want to try a fluid with more lubricating properties, fed up of sticky pistons. (Lever and slaves).

Is this fluid like an emulsion type fluid Mike?

No, it's water based, with additives. Myself and several others have been using it since late last year, both in new and old brakes, and have found it to perform really well, without the drawbacks of tap water.

Will it be ready in the next couple of weeks?

Yes.

How much will it cost?

Unable to give an exact amount just yet, but it will be be less than half the cost of Magura Blood. :)

Are you allowed to answer these questions yet? tongue.gif

No.