Phat Pads & New Phat Backings

Phatmike

Good stuff Ryan! :)

I'm pleased to announce another new rider - Dave Marshall!

Dave will be using Phat Pads with some super pimp limited edition blue anodised backings.

Do you have any pictures of the backing and pads together ?

They must look pimp!

[homer]Woop woop woop woop[/homer] :D.

Really looking forward to trying out these pads as I've only heard great things about them. I'm about to get a new wheel built up for street which (to begin with at least) will mean I'll be running the pads both on a smooth Trialtech rim and also on a ground Onza rim when doing comps so it'll be interesting to see how the pads perform in all circumstances.

Big thanks to Mike for being such a stupidly nice bloke and giving me a chance to be part of the Phat Pads Posse. Will post up some pics and feedback once I've had a chance to use them (Y).

So running the Czar with no booster, Magura with original fluid in it, it's been almost four weeks running the pads and seems like the Trialtech rim is as good as smooth and with yesterday's ride for couple hours I'm more than ever convinced these CNC backed Phat pads are awesome investment. I did adjust the brake a tad bit, slight wear but nothing like other pads I've had experienced.

I remember with Rock blue's or any harder compound pads for that matter I'd have to grind every other week...and it's been good four weeks since I even thought of throwing one in. I have yet to experience that backwards slip when the tire barely catches onto a vertical wall. Still nice and squeaky :)

I thought first impressions were good Dave?

Mine bite like mad, the hold isn't really there though. (My frame is made of cheese though, and I only have a 2 bolt booster).

i have good bite.......wank hold......koxx xtp2 frame(cheese) 2 bolt tech booster.......but my croco pads hold amazing yet its a harder compound i mean wtf lol

My grind is dead...completely. Err still bites and squeaking. :blink: I'm not exactly light either @ 90kg.

Mine was a light grind, but now its practally smooth. So yeah mines dead too. Aslong as theres hold then im happy :) theres no noise with my brake so thats kind of cool i guess - maybe my setups just too stiff..

Have just received the Phat Pads with blue anodised backings and so far I'm really impressed. Have only had a quick play in the garden but the finish on the backings and pads are top notch- and the blue backings really are pimp! The brake is far quieter than I expected (which is a good thing in my book) but the bite and hold seem perfect. There seems to be good modulation for doing manuals etc but when you pull the brake properly it just locks solid. Looking forward to giving it a proper good tryout in the near future.

I'm currently running an Onza Ronnie rim with a pretty worn grind and look forward to trying the pads on a smooth Trialtech rim when Dave gets his new Sport hubs in stock next week and I can get the new wheel built up.

Good stuff Dave! Glad you like them, & look forward to hearing how you get on with them on a smooth rim.

Looks like we've just signed another rider for the new season - Ben Savage will now be running Phat Pads on his 20", 26", and practise bikes this season! Having just come back from a major operation, Ben will be ripping up the Elite Category in all the British Championships, and also in the world champs - best of luck! :)