Street V's Natural?

Lord Banks

I'm quite new to the Trials scene so forgive my ignorance.

I've noticed a few folks talking about Street and Natural. Obviously, i understand the terrain differences.

But looking through some posts/topics, I've noticed people saying "that would make a great street bike" or "I've set my bars up forward for natural riding".

So whats the difference in style/technique between the two disciplines? I assumed that there wouldn't be any.

I've noticed a few folks talking about Street and Natural. Obviously, i understand the terrain differences.

But looking through some posts/topics, I've noticed people saying "that would make a great street bike" or "I've set my bars up forward for natural riding".

So whats the difference in style/technique between the two disciplines? I assumed that there wouldn't be any.

Bear in mind these days, theres a lot more to it than that.

Theres natural riding (I.E riding on natural terrain, but not in a comp

Theres Street riding (I.E flowy, manually,spinny lines etc)

Theres Street riding (Tap Gap Sidehop, TGS style)

And theres natural riding for comps.

Bear in mind TGS isnt really about having a bike, thats balanced, or smooth, its about having a bike that enables you to do them 3 moves as big as possible.

natural comp riding is about not putting your foot down, working at hard angles, with no run ups, up uneven stuff.

Street riding, is more about being able to hold the bike in manuals, bunnyhops, and do spins on it, than being able to tap massively.

and regular natural riding,is kind of somewhere between comp riding and TGS (although theres nothing to stop people putting streety stuff or doing flowing lines) but this largely depends on whos doing it,

So, street is more about doing certain tricks/moves over something whereas natural is more about getting over a certain object as easy and as smooth as possible??

Am i on the right lines :$

well to be honest tgs (Tap, Gap Sidehop) i call it thugs though (Taps, Hooks, Ups, Gaps, Sidehops). basically youv got those set tricks and its about doing them as big as possible, once you know how big you can go then you just go round doing those set tricks on different things e.g at one spot bench to bench, then next spot a wall to rail... so basically you prgress to do it to harder thing which are pretty much just rails, but once you can do it anything then to be honest it just gets boring.

Natural (not comp style, just the way we round down here i guess) we just go and mess about, like see how far we can get along the rocks with out any dabs (when a part of your body or bike other then your tires touch any other surface of the course).

or go about look for dodgy cool looking drop gaps or sidehops to like pointed rocks or something dodgy, or really short but difficult lines. also in natural you use like just so many different techniques to get about, cus as youd imagine no 2 rocks are the same, so you cant just sidehop and tap your way through it.

youll probably find the reason people instantly say natural sucks is just because they suck at it lol, people dont like things they cant do very well :D

or they dont have any by their area.

cus to be honest once you learn how to balance properly (not just on perfectly flat surfaces) then you can can do just as big tgs stuff on natty, but you can also make a line out of it :D

Well street or T.G.S is more jsut single moves like gapping of one wall to another and natural is more looking at a line and trying it. But then there's danny mac and rowan johns street wich has lines aswell, and is brilliant to watch.

Edited by ginger allen echo