Side Hop Fall

Echoes

I´ve been riding a lot these days and would like to know more about Side Hops. Have you guys ever got serious injured training side hops yet? Can you give examples please? I am, everyday I can, trying it higher and higher, so, the aspect "Fear" grows as I am developing the maneuver, you know. Until today, anyway, I haven´t had any "injuries" on this. On the other hand, praticing pedal hops, taps and other stuffs, I have already almost broken my big toe, you know, besides blowing my wrist, of course.

The injuries are rare and hardly ever severe. If you think about it, everyone on the forum probably side hops daily/weekly and they're not all wandering about in casts with crutches. So being such a pussy :P You'll be fine.

The worst you'll probably pick up would be a few scrapes and cuts if you got caught up on the wall and fell to your hands.

The injuries are rare and hardly ever severe. If you think about it, everyone on the forum probably side hops daily/weekly and they're not all wandering about in casts with crutches. So being such a pussy :P You'll be fine.

The worst you'll probably pick up would be a few scrapes and cuts if you got caught up on the wall and fell to your hands.

I agree, although if you're not wearing a helmet things could be much worse.

Especially if you fall backwards.

You can't really do a hell of a lot of damage,

You may get a few scratches on your frame though, but thats no biggy.

Dan.

You all make it sound perfectly safe when its acctually quite dangerous.

Its less dangerous than doing a drop or whatever else, but if it does go badly wrong your going to get hurt if you dont protect yourself.

I agree with simpson, don't mentally restrict your self but beware that although it might be reasonably safe in your head :helmet: just to make sure.

Preeching over.

I just twisted my fricken ankle sidehopping :S. Also, i have to rant: i sidehopped up 4 palets 5 times in a row, took a break, and now i cant do it any more, i tried like 30 times! Oh well i guess ill shut up =P

I would take a break and have another go mate. I bet you will be able to do it then.

I have had quite a bad fall when i didn't practice enough before i tried to do it off a high wall and forgot to take my front wheel off the wall any fell and done my back in.

Just make sure you can get it every time and you will be fine.

Trial and error.

Hope this helps

its is quite a dodgy move in my opinion...ive seen people come flying off by missing front wheel etc..... im struggling to sidehop bar height and ive been riding for 2 years now... :(

i really hate the move though...dont like the way it looks, and it scares the shit out of me every time

Edited by Alex Dark

I guess you will never know until you try. I am sure the pro's have all hurt themselves trying new tricks. Thats what happens if you push the boundries, you just may get hurt but you may just nail that trick and not get hurt. Try it mate