Tryall 108.9 Freewheel

___RD_

I am thinking off buying the tryall 108.9 freewheel :D

I want this one because it has the most engagement points and pawls in the world(9) :D:o

I dont want any other freewheel so i dont want comments like "you'd be better with" or you "should go for"etc..

just expeiences please:D

Edit: Would it change things if i said i was only paying about £30 for it ?

Edited by ___RD_

If your definately gonna get a try all freewheel and dont want any opinions about anythin else or any bad points about the tryall one this is a completely pointless topic! whats the point in a topic where the only response you want is that there good!? when iv seen and heard bad things of them and would definately recomend something else!

Edited by Cookyboy

sorry "RD" i had to say it, i have a monty free wheel, nothing bad has happened to it its smooth and even tohugh the bike had been used for many a month it would it wtill worked fine, if you want loudness why dont you change the your hub, Also what has happened to your ACS ?

sorry "RD" i had to say it, i have a monty free wheel, nothing bad has happened to it its smooth and even tohugh the bike had been used for many a month it would it wtill worked fine, if you want loudness why dont you change the your hub, Also what has happened to your ACS ?

nothing has happened to my acs i just want loud and noisy lol fancy that :D

Edited by ___RD_

Pointless topic if your set on buying the try-all, but wouldn't advise getting one, there are better freewheels on the market. If £30is your budget your better off getting a new Tensile or a 2nd hand eno(as alex says) and both of them are fully serviceable and you can easily get hold of new parts. Try-all's are welded shut so un-serviceable.

Yeah Ive heard of unreliability issues with try-alls, never used one myself but I intend to steer clear. And if you've got your heart set on having tha loudest freewheel (which sounds chavvyboy racey to be honest) get an Eno or tensile, im sure they're louder

nothing has happened to my acs i just want loud and noisy lol fancy that :D

I am sorry but for f**k sake!! who gives a shit if a freewheel is loud, or has the most pawls/engagements the reason you should be buying a freewheel that has got the best reviews and is likely to last you the longest!!

And saying you don't want people to suggest other freewheels, sorry but what the f**k, they will only be trying to offer you good reliable advice which could save you from eating a wall when your precious loud freewheel skips.....

God, i am sick and tired of people who are like this......

Adam

I am sorry but for f**k sake!! who gives a shit if a freewheel is loud, or has the most pawls/engagements the reason you should be buying a freewheel that has got the best reviews and is likely to last you the longest!!

And saying you don't want people to suggest other freewheels, sorry but what the f**k, they will only be trying to offer you good reliable advice which could save you from eating a wall when your precious loud freewheel skips.....

God, i am sick and tired of people who are like this......

Adam

its true....whats the point in modding your king so its louder, with the risk of it skipping more.......or getting a louder freewheel, i really cant understand it at all :S

its true....whats the point in modding your king so its louder, with the risk of it skipping more.......or getting a louder freewheel, i really cant understand it at all :S

i prefer it if my hub/freewheel is loud cause it's reasuring (same with a honky brake, but y'all know dual disc is where it's at). but i wouldn't f**k around with the internals for the sake of making it loud.

i prefer it if my hub/freewheel is loud cause it's reasuring (same with a honky brake, but y'all know dual disc is where it's at). but i wouldn't f**k around with the internals for the sake of making it loud.

i understand the loud brake = confidence....but coming from the drivetrain it just feels wrong...i dunno guess that's just my opinion

I've just bought a monty with a tryall freewheel and its just started skipping really badly , i didnt realise it was a tryall freewheel until i cleaned the muck away from it .

im going to lube it and try a few other things but at the minute it looks like i'm getting a monty freewheel .

My friend bought a brand new Hydroxx mod 2 years ago as a complete bike. Came with a try-all freewheel on try all cranks. He has been riding hard for that whole time and it is still going strong. I am super impressed. He did have a problem in September with it not engaging right and making horrable noises. It fixed itself (crazy) and is work perfect now.