Road Cycling

davey1991

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been out for a ride today, for the first time in ages. Feel so unfit, but feels good getting back on a bike and doing some miles.

5125540895_caf5389774_z.jpg

Check the bike on the right hand middle. looks very close.

5162220173_16245b794c_b.jpg

Edited by jambo

• 2 weeks later...

With tyres that size its more of a broken single spped MTB, i'm intrigued to see the results though.

If anyone wants a fixie on the cheap i have one in full working order that just needs some new paint.

That's the 26" freestyle fixed frames he does. 2 of my friend has one coming in the post very soon.

Here's what I'm riding now. Subrosa Malum fixed, new bars, stem and matching tyre on the rear soon (rear chainstays need crimping for wider tyre!). Rebuilding rear wheel with new spokes and system ex hub tomorrow if it comes.

dscf5184.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

what shoes and pedals you lads using, looking to go clipless?

Shoes are VERY personal. You're best off going to your LBS and trying on as many different brands and sizes as possible to find what suits your foot best, there's plenty of guides online to help you choose.

As for pedals I've got these, used them for my 8 mile each way commute during my placement year including Winter and 6 mile trip to uni now. Never had any problems and, thanks to their shape, you can ride in flat shoes without too many problems. I think that's the base model, but you can get all carbon, titanium, etc jobbers too.

I'm a big fan of gaerne shoes with looks' for proper riding, as they fit my feet better than most, and the higher-end look pedals are pretty plush. However, on my fixed/everyday bike (the one posted further up this page), I use a pair of Shimano RT51s with titanium eggbeaters, as I can walk around in them without trashing the cleats, and I love the crank brothers pedals for ease of use and the way they feel. I think they suit the bike pretty well aesthetically too.

I have some brand new 15 tooth sprockets, and lockrings too, if anyone wants them for £15 a set? (or £10 per sprocket and £7 poer lockring) Good quality (proper track sprockets and gusset lockrings) too, not shitty ones.

This is how my bike stands at the moment:

5354704320_d6b1a232b0_z.jpg

I think I've finally found my perfect setup.

I have some brand new 15 tooth sprockets, and lockrings too, if anyone wants them for £15 a set? (or £10 per sprocket and £7 poer lockring) Good quality (proper track sprockets and gusset lockrings) too, not shitty ones.

This is how my bike stands at the moment:

5354704320_d6b1a232b0_z.jpg

I think I've finally found my perfect setup.

Awe that looks like my perfect setup to, that looks gorgeous.

What bars are those?

Edited by jambo

Thanks.

They're 42cm Cinelli Tempo pursuit bars. I've actually got a spare set in mint condition, if anyone wants to buy them for £40? They're 26.4mm clamp though, so you'll need an old Cinelli stem to use them.

Whats the drop on them about 3" ?