Road Cycling

davey1991

lol it was a load of bits and bobs, tyers ect i was selling, all finished about 9ish last night. Should have really posted it up earlier but didn't really come into my mind until i was browsing the forum last night.

Ha ha ok, i acctually spent time trying to find something.

I was confused.

News of any sort anyone?

who has actually got the boardman comp ?

im still deciding wether to get one or not, cant make my mind up lol.

Is it worth paying £650 for it, or should i wait until they go down in price again like last year ?

how do they feel compared to the more expensive bikes, anyone no ?

Ridden a few, they're fine. Obviously if you could stretch to 800 quid it'd be a lot better, i personally would go for the team as it's such a big jump for the money. A lot lighter n stuff. But yeah, nice to ride, a pretty good deal for 650. I wouldn't wait till they go down in price, because they probably wont, and if they do, they will be sold out before they go down, there will be 10 or so left in the country and knowing your luck they won't have it locally (how it was last year)

Regarding the 08 Boardmans, we had at least 1 of every model in every size in stock when the 09's came out, if not more.

That's because as soon as the 08s went obsolete, my manager bought as many as he could.

That makes your manager a fanny. And tell him rob from 724 said that. Because he's a fanny.

Would like a decent entry level bike and some spds + shoes.

I don't have a clue. Im 5ft 8 if that makes a difference.

Talk to me.

I'd slap you if you came into my shop and asked that! haha.

What do you want the bike for?

The 40 odd quid Shimano m540s do the job, i use em on a lot of my bikes. Double sided, so no need to flip over or whatnot. You could go for something slightly heavier which has 1 side spd, one side caged pedal, same sort of money, they're the m324.

Shoes, spend lots or you'll get foot pain. Lets face it, you ride trials, your legs are gonna be powerful as f**k, if you're hammering it, you'll flex the shoe, it'll hurt quite a bit. I've got it myself, i had some shimano m182s and never had pain at all, went for some m160s as a backup and every time i wear them, i get a pain on the underside of my foot, cos of the flex, and it's my chocolate foot so... Yeah.

Edited by Fixed Pantsâ„¢

Yeah bit more info would help really. I'd suggest doing research of your own.

Obviously Boardmans are the best value for money bike your going to get. But depends how much your price range is. Was you thinking more £6-700 or £2-300? Really to get anything half decent you shouldn't be willing to fork out much less than £400 at a stretch. On the other hand keep an eye out on gumtree, ebay ect.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a roadie, only got about £300 to spend really, so looking at the second hand market. I'm watching a few things on ebay at the moment, if you guys could gimme some feedback that would be good. I'm 6ft 1 if that's any help?

Giant OCR 2

Claud Butler Roubaix

Ribble Audax

Unknown

Orbea

Specialized Allez

Giant SCR 2.0

Obviously there is a chance these will go above my budget, which is tough shit really, I won't be able to afford them, but could anyone recommend me which one to go for?

And a picture for Pants,

1763787525_85ced87bef.jpg

Edited by JonMack

Think i'm gonna be buying a Boardman Road Team, reserved the last small we had, but some cunnt sold it, so i think i can get an 08, but the problem is, i'm flexing the frame so much that the gears wanna make noise from the movement... and they're a bit heavier, but it actually comes with decent wheels... And the ultegra is sex.

Decisions.

Whats wrong with the ritchey wheel set? And the sram is sex. Sooooo much more responsive.

Not a massive difference, but bladed spokes, branded hubs with the 08... Sram is nice, but it's like you have to catch the click, i have no problem with it in stand or on the road, but it's still a pretty gay system...

• 7 months later...