Technique Or Power?

deano

hi all, i was out riding just the other day and this question (what do you need more, technique or power?) popped up so i thought i would ask the forum. in my opinion i think that it takes a good combination of both to get the perfect rider. let me know you opinions. cheerz

First you find out how to do the maneuvers by learning them technically (watching videos; chatting...). Then, you need power to achieve some movements. Between these two stages, you learn a lot of stuff that neither the "video lessons" taught you, nor your power helped. At the end, everything looks so smooth, that you don´t remember which of these two attributes is the most important one.

Edited by Echoes

Of course a balance between the two is always good but in my oppinion they both come with practice, you get the technique from the riding but without the technique it can be hard to be strong enough to get power if that makes sence (: You practice and you get both so I think this depends on what you want to try or how good you are to start with :)

i would say both are crucial, a good technique will get you so far but then you need the power to progress to the next stage. I am a perfect example, technique is good after so many years riding but have a serious lack of POP in my moves.

You dont have to be full of muscles either, strong plyometric peformance in the legs is the key IMO

once youve learnt the techniques perfect... then power makes your moves bigger...

my sidehop gao etc technique is same as alot of peoples, but people with the same technique can go higher and further... because theyre more powerful