Spray Adhesive - Tar Replacement?!

neonneon

Hello,

I've just used spray mount as tar (as I have no tar at the moment)

And, Its actually the most amazing brake I've ever had.

Obviously I haven't used too much, but I sprayed some on a tissue and smeared it around my rim..

I think it looks nicer than tar, easier to carry around, easier to apply and I think it might work slightly better.

Don't knock it now!

Clean your rims and give it a go.

Charlie

x

Does it not make your pads actually stick to the rim though? If you can't tell if your brake is going to release when you let off the lever it won't be much use...

Thats what I thought, But I imagine because its slightly snowy/icey my rim will be slightly damp, making it not stick my pads to my rim..

Lol

xx

You could buy some Monty tar spray (works shit but thats a bit like your idea, works on the same thing but is not as sticky so your pads will not stay stuck on your rim)

Other than that you could get a grind and the pads cost next to nothing , you can pick up most pad compound for around a tenner with out backings just do that and put them in the backings your running now its easy all you have to do it boil your pads till they come out then glue the new compound in.

Or just not ride in the snow/wet :lol:

Im running plaz on dead grind bites mint without tar ,I can ride in the snow,and when its spitting not sure much people atualy ride in the pissingdown rain :lol:

Yeah i know what you mean,but im usingv brakes so it mite not work as good?

Tom

I'm not sure. because Vee brakes rely on a spring and magura pad move away from the rim because theres no pressure behind the pistons.

I reckon your best bet is to try :P

Charlie

x

Worked all fine today...

No sticking.

I have decent pads. Echo reds. on a dead grind.

It was just a idea I thought i'd try.

May consider doing it in the future...

Charlie

If your using echo pads, you DO NOT have decent pads, They are horrific.

They cost the same as decent pads that actually are decent, Any of the koxx pads will work, Koxx croco's, Koxx bloxx etc.

Get some of those, do a nice harsh grind so you wont have to grind it for a while and you'l be sorted. Saves applying tar/substances to rim every hour or so and Your brake will actually work in the wet.

If your using echo pads, you DO NOT have decent pads, They are horrific.

They cost the same as decent pads that actually are decent, Any of the koxx pads will work, Koxx croco's, Koxx bloxx etc.

Get some of those, do a nice harsh grind so you wont have to grind it for a while and you'l be sorted. Saves applying tar/substances to rim every hour or so and Your brake will actually work in the wet.

Surely I can decide for myself whether I have decent pads or not?

The topic was about Spray adhesive, not pads.

My brake works in the wet, and my spray adhesive lasted a whole ride the other day (which was really quite wet

Charlie x