Back From The Dead. Hello!

edMonkey

A long time ago, back when i was 13-14 i was quite possibly in love with Martyn Ashton and Martin Hawyes. I used to read Mountain Biking UK relentlessly. Saw them at the NEC bike show many moons ago and haven't forgotten.

Times change, girls enter your life and trials made a swift exit.

Until Now.

With the militant recession sweeping Britain, i'm totally unemployed and loving it.

Got a lot of time on my hands and have been getting out and about on my bike again and loving it. Thanks to you tube, finding trials video's to inspire me has gotten much easier. (i even dusted off my old VHS of 'Dirty Tricks and Cunning Stunts' to enjoy again after about a decade.)

I'm thinking of going into 20" very soon, i see onza T-Birds on ebay for about £70-90 and have looked and found reviews saying they are very good starter bikes, if a little heavy. I don't mind that as my ninja bike skills have not aged well and my ability to pedal kick and hop about on my back wheel has deserted me. so starting from the bottom again doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Gonna be using this forum as much as i can in the future and look forward to chatting with you all.

Regards,

Ed

Another vote for the T-Pro!

The T-Birds are good for starting, but it'll only hold you back. The T-Pros are lighter, have better brakes, stronger componants.

Probably not that much more either now?

I say t-pro aswell. My brother built up his for around £100 so they aren't atall that much more to buy then t-birds and spending the extra £30-£40 will be well worth it. And like others have said it won't hold you back as soon as a t-bird will will.

thanks for the swift replies guys.

Also now looking at a Shogun Gimp Trials bike. Never heard of shogun before. any recommendations? its the '07 model if that helps. Luckily i still have my old 26" DDG shooter jump/trials bike with HS33's on it so i dont mind about shoddy brakes cos i can straight swap my HS33's onto the bike.

A long time ago, back when i was 13-14 i was quite possibly in love with Martyn Ashton and Martin Hawyes. I used to read Mountain Biking UK relentlessly. Saw them at the NEC bike show many moons ago and haven't forgotten.

Times change, girls enter your life and trials made a swift exit.

Until Now.

With the militant recession sweeping Britain, i'm totally unemployed and loving it.

Got a lot of time on my hands and have been getting out and about on my bike again and loving it. Thanks to you tube, finding trials video's to inspire me has gotten much easier. (i even dusted off my old VHS of 'Dirty Tricks and Cunning Stunts' to enjoy again after about a decade.)

I'm thinking of going into 20" very soon, i see onza T-Birds on ebay for about £70-90 and have looked and found reviews saying they are very good starter bikes, if a little heavy. I don't mind that as my ninja bike skills have not aged well and my ability to pedal kick and hop about on my back wheel has deserted me. so starting from the bottom again doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Gonna be using this forum as much as i can in the future and look forward to chatting with you all.

Regards,

Ed

Hello and welcome back to the forum

I see you live in norwich theres a few of us that ride norwich so your more than welcome to come along to a ride and try a few of our bikes out.

Theres a ride this sunday ( march the 8th ) theres me ( biddle ) i might have met you before if you rode trials before but i used to ride with the eastcoasttrials lot

Scott pitcher, jimbo, mr broom, Pual oliver and George seamons. Theres alos mark who also just got back into trials after a long break and theres Adrian whos a

newer rider but still a really top lad to ride with and a few others who ride but there not all season riders there more of a summer group.

Biddle

thanks for the swift replies guys.

Also now looking at a Shogun Gimp Trials bike. Never heard of shogun before. any recommendations? its the '07 model if that helps. Luckily i still have my old 26" DDG shooter jump/trials bike with HS33's on it so i dont mind about shoddy brakes cos i can straight swap my HS33's onto the bike.

Shoguns suck, get an Onza (Y) best value for money starter bikes...

OK so, trying a different approach.

WHICH BITS FITS?

if i were to buy 20" wheels and frame and new crankbits, i could in theory transfer my headset, bar, stem and brakes from my old bike.

Yes or no?

budget is about £250

reccomendations? i know nothing of 20" cranksets

thanks.

EDIT! would obvously have to get new forks too.

Edited by edMonkey

Hello and welcome back to the forum

I see you live in norwich theres a few of us that ride norwich so your more than welcome to come along to a ride and try a few of our bikes out.

Theres a ride this sunday ( march the 8th ) theres me ( biddle ) i might have met you before if you rode trials before but i used to ride with the eastcoasttrials lot

Scott pitcher, jimbo, mr broom, Pual oliver and George seamons. Theres alos mark who also just got back into trials after a long break and theres Adrian whos a

newer rider but still a really top lad to ride with and a few others who ride but there not all season riders there more of a summer group.

Biddle

Hi as biddle sed i see you live in norwich and there is a ride on sunday, i will hopfully be there so if you come a long you are welcome to have a go on my bike, i have a t-comp.

any way back to the subject stay away from the gimp they are utter crap my freind bought a brand new one and after a month the left cranks rounded and the side wall on the rear rim spilt in the middle.

so hope that helped hope 2 see you on sunday

sam

where's the meeting and at what time?

I'm about 15 miles out of Nozza and driving in is no problem.

would be lovely to have a hop about on a few 20" things haven't done so before. Will also be nice to meet the competition and get to know you all. where abouts do you play in Norwich?

where's the meeting and at what time?

I'm about 15 miles out of Nozza and driving in is no problem.

would be lovely to have a hop about on a few 20" things haven't done so before. Will also be nice to meet the competition and get to know you all. where abouts do you play in Norwich?

Well we meet at the train station at 11 and then work from there to the riverside then to the castle then town ( NEXT stairs )

and then we just head back on ourselves or go and have a mess about on the pallets.

Good place to park is the car park next to morrisons but i think they put the bars down at 5 or 6 o'clock.

I think theres gonna be me, sam, adrian, mark, ryan ( i think ) and you if you decide on coming.

Theres a topic in the rides location so ill put our names down to let the others know that were coming.

Biddle