N00b Question Time. :( Rim Drilling.

I have searched and suprisingly not came up with anything. I need to save some weight, As I have seen some threads lately and them saving about every little bit does add up. So what drill but would you need to drill a rim and what are any other tips for weight reducing. As I am struck to cash I have to save up and not go buy some more foshizzle.

x

Don't bother, I did it on my mod and my stock and it saved f**k all, 18g on the mod an 60g on the stock. Unless you're bike is already super light it's not worth it.

First step is change the tyres, you can save over a kilo depending on what you have now.

Don't bother, I did it on my mod and my stock and it saved f**k all, 18g on the mod an 60g on the stock. Unless you're bike is already super light it's not worth it.

First step is change the tyres, you can save over a kilo depending on what you have now.

Maxxis cc on the rear and I have nabbed one of my mates old

sticky finger

as my front cc the wire beads started coming out and kept buldging.

Its a t-poo with stock front wheel, forks, stem and bars. :$ Rear onza hog wheel etc.

Lol i was joking , now i am being serious , when your at school ask your tech teacher because the tech teachers at my school are always drilling stuff so when you next see 1 just have a quick word with them and they could help you out

Maxxis cc on the rear and I have nabbed one of my mates old

sticky finger

as my front cc the wire beads started coming out and kept buldging.

Its a t-poo with stock front wheel, forks, stem and bars. :$ Rear onza hog wheel etc.

In that case first change the forks, they're 1.4kg (or my set were anyway), and get some lites/SLs. That will save about 600-700g straight off, then the wheels are dead heavy, as are the bar and stem.

If you change them you could loose about 1.5-2kg I reckon.

It's what i used to drill my perfect holes :)

Also, dave they can't jiggle around because of the drill bit in the centre keep it all straight. As long as you don't put all you're weight on it then it'll be fine (Y)

Centrepunch your rim 1st (which you should do with any hole anyways) and it wont jiggle about :)

get some ti bolts, cut some of your tread off, change to monty tyres?

cut the bashmounts off your frame. new stem bars and forks would make the most diffrence though! harry has some zoo bars he'd sell your for 10-15, buy a cheap echo stem off here, seen them go for like 15. Then buy some echo lite forks they go for 25 on here aswell. i know you dont have much money but save up and get forks first then get your bar and stem. will make alot of difference to your riding aswell, your front end will be alot lighter!

on the rear end, get rid of your chain tensionors and drill some holes for some snailcams then run snail cams, seen it done before on someones onza.

get some ti bolts, cut some of your tread off, change to monty tyres?

cut the bashmounts off your frame. new stem bars and forks would make the most diffrence though! harry has some zoo bars he'd sell your for 10-15, buy a cheap echo stem off here, seen them go for like 15. Then buy some echo lite forks they go for 25 on here aswell. i know you dont have much money but save up and get forks first then get your bar and stem. will make alot of difference to your riding aswell, your front end will be alot lighter!

on the rear end, get rid of your chain tensionors and drill some holes for some snailcams then run snail cams, seen it done before on someones onza.

Monty front tyres are heavy though, get a Try-All, they're 65g lighter and much grippier.

T-Pros have snail cam holes anyway don't they?

But yeh, forks first, then bar/stem and wheels. If you can be arsed, by the sounds of it you'd do much better just to sell it and get a lighter bike, it will save you money in the long run and you'll end up with a better bike.

nah 19inch monty eagle claw are the lightest i just checked on tarty doing the lightest first thing. and try all are the second heaviest! :o

to be honest there needs to be a wider range of mod tyres.

Edit: sorry just read your first post the try all tyres are lightest for front tyres yeah, monty are second lightest though :P

Edited by Ashley-Wood

Monty front tyres are heavy though, get a Try-All, they're 65g lighter and much grippier.

Open yo eyes fool. :P

But yeh, Continental need to do some Mod tyres.

EDIT: Too slow. :(

Edited by Muel

Open yo eyes fool. :P

But yeh, Continental need to do some Mod tyres.

EDIT: Too slow. :(

That would be pretty dang lush.

But as you say, Buy this and that. I have to pay for my stuff im not like alot of people were all there stuff is bought by thier parents and they give nought in return. :P