Logic Pro 8 And Fm8

Kieran@ZSClothing

I've never used Logic but in Cubase open a new project

Add MIDI track and then hit F11 (alternatively you can go to devices > VST Instruments)

From there click one of the available inputs for your VSTi and select FM8

Then in the go back to your MIDI track and on the left of the sequencer theres an 'In' box and an 'Out' box

Your FM8 should be available under the 'Out' box along with the output from your soundcard and so on

Hope that helps a bit, if you're not familiar with the software it might not make much sense so if you need any more clarity just say the word

Open it in Logic as a native instrument, you should have the option to? My plugins are always searched when opening the program, it then verifys they're legal, sets it up etc etc.

Has it not searched for it? If not, you need to put it in the VST folder..

If in doubt, if it works in Cubase - program it on the matrix on there, then export it as an audio file and stick it into Logic. Make sure everything's quantiezed though!

Edited by Hendrix

Without an audio interface you won't be able to record directly from one into the other. You'll just have to record and quantize the sound you want, bounce the track down and insert it as an audio track in Logic.
To add - why are you using Cubase? You know it's for gays right? :P

I'd just like to ask you both: What the f**k are you on about? Heh.

I like Cubase - but now I say that, I guess I'm not proving you wrong in most people's opinion :/ .

How come you have no VST Instruments box in your devices list? That presents a complication.

Is it the standalone version, or the VST?

I like Cubase - but now I say that, I guess I'm not proving you wrong in most people's opinion :/ .

Cubase sucks balls, and is the most un-user friendly recording program ever. Fruity loops is better - and that's saying something.

The ONLY good thing for Cubase is for tracking, but not midi programming. ;)

A proper multitrack recorder.

Yes - in a way.

Pro Tools is best for PC - not having any of this Cubase milarky. ;) You can have 200 channels on Pro Tools as far as I know..

You'll also need an audio interface, 5 or more inputs, firewire or USB (but USB is slow as).

Edited by Hendrix

QUOTE (Reece B @ Mar 14 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cant get along with cubase, ive learnt on logic and finale ;)

Good man! Rinse some online tutorials - it's a really basic transition, but you'll hate the lack of decent facilities.. :rolleyes:

Get a mac.. :shifty:

QUOTE (Reece B @ Mar 14 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eww dont use that word....(shiver) mac haha

whats pro tools like for fx?

havent got many outboard fx atm.

i might just dump the files into reason once there recorded and see how it goes.

<_<:P

With Pro Tools, you kind of need to buy your own outboard/plugins. Fortunately, there's an unlimited suply of free plugins. At the end of the day - use cubase or protools for tracking only, and then take the single channels rewired into reason and use it's weird rack FX Generating thing. :P