Tribalzine News

Ben Swales

Just a little niggle that always catches my eye about the TribalZine site - there's always a space before punctuation which, as a grammar nazi, offends me deeply. It's just wrong :P

I know... as a fellow grammar nazi (it's part of my job!) it gets to me too. It's because the site is programmed to display French text and all punctuation marks in French, except full stops and commas, have a space before them. I delete the spaces in all my translations, but the site keeps putting them back in! Telling Jérome and seeing if we can fix it for the English articles is on my to do list, but we're both ultra-busy at the moment, so it's pretty low priority at the minute; hope you don't mind putting up with it for a while longer!

Edited by Ben Swales

Richard Furlong joins the Tribal Zine staff

- Richard Furlong, a 26 year old translator from Sheffield, has just joined the Tribal staff. He'll be helping out with the English tranlsations of our articles.

Pablo Nunez - Chokapic Monty Video 3

- Pablo Nunez is back from injury with a stormer of a street video!

The Sari Trials Riders

- A street video of Mohammad Kamalifar from Iran; definitely one of our most distant readers!

New Rock products

- Rockman have brought out some new single-wall rims, single cage pedals and a 108 click freewheel. Photos and details this way!

K-124 House expecting a new delivery

- K-124 House will be receiving a new shipment of Black and Grey Skies, Try-All light tyres and 36.6 freewheels at the end of April.

The return of Neil Tunnicliffe

- Tunni's back with another huge street video... it's like he never left!

K-124 Days by Nico Bahro (2)

- The second of our galleries from Nico, a professional photographer from Germany: a series of portraits and wide-angle shots that really capture the intensity of the weekend.

Edited by Ben Swales

Biketrial Federation British National Trials Cup - Round 1

- A report, full results and photos from the first round of the British Nationals this weekend in Essex. Ben Slinger won the Elite comp with a perfect score of 0!

New products at Sphere Bike

- A load of new products have landed at Sphere Bike, including the new Neon Bow 20" & 26" frames.

K-124 Days by Nico Bahro (3)

- The third installment in Nico's series of K-124 Days galleries. This time it's the action shots!

Edited by Ben Swales

Iciar Van den Bergh in training

- Belgium's third best Elite rider (after the Belaey brothers) has sent us his latest video. Shot in HD, it shows him in training on some artificial obstacles.

Dani Comas in Teia Ibiza

- The two latest videos from the BIU Spanish, European and World Champion.

Louis Grillon in training

- A collection of photos of Tribal mascot Louis Grillon in training on the Cerny Trials Club sections!

The Spa Francorchamps Trophy

- The fourth round of the Belgian Trophy took place this weekend in Spa Francorchamps. Kenny Belaey took the win ahead of his brother Wesley and Iciar van den Bergh.

The European Cup in Castiglioncello

- All the useful information on the first round of the European Cup in Castiglioncello.

Edited by Ben Swales

Nicolas Vuillermot is back!

- Top Atomz rider Nicolas Vuillermot is back in action follwoing some time of his bike after an ankle operation.

Tribal Zine & Trial Team Hoffmann!

Tribal Zine and Trial Team Hoffman have joined forces to promote each other throughout the 2010 season.

WheresTheSeat Series - Pilot

- the first in a series of longer videos from Kevin Liu and friends...

Diego Barrio Ozonys/trial-bikes.com Video 1

- The latest video from one of Spain's best Elite riders, Diego Barrio, on a new prototype Ozonys Curve 20...

The European Cup in Castiglioncello - Results

- The BIU European Cup kicked of in Italy on Saturday. Javi Alonso leads in Elite and Charlie Rolls and Adam Morewood took first and second in Poussin, both finishing on 0! Well done guys!

Damon Watson - Spring 2010

- The latest video from TGS monster Damon Watson - not for the faint-hearted!

Ben Slinger in Blackburn

- An incredible video of UCI No. 3 seed Ben Slinger, filmed and edited by Mr Tarty Bikes, Adam Read.

Spanish Championship 2010: Ledesma Memories

- The administrator of the Spanish part of the site, Alvaro Lopez, was in Ledesma for the second round of the Spanish Championship. Benito won (obviously), followed by Dani Comas and Abel Mustieles. Full report, results and photos this way!

K-124 Days by Nico Bahro (4)

- Another great gallery from Nico Bahro - this time it's the feet-down edition!

Edited by Ben Swales

Castiglioncello by Tribal Zine

- A full report and collection of photos from the first round of the European Cup in Italy last weekend. Javi Alonso is currently in the lead in Elite and Brits Charlie Rolls and Adam Morewood took first and second in Poussin!

Castiglioncello by BikeTrial Italia

- More photos from the European Cup in Italy...

Maxime Muffat in Medonnet

- A new video form the promising young French rider, who has recently joined the Ozonys Team 2.

Edited by Ben Swales

• 2 weeks later...

An Interview with Benito Ros

- We had the chance to talk to Benito after the second round of the Spanish Championship. It proved to be quite an interesting chat!

K-124 Days 2010 by Sergio (2)

- Two new galleries from K-124 Days 2010; one of the Coustellier brothers and another of Abel Mustieles Garcia.

Edited by Ben Swales

when is the tribalzine k-124 days video going to be out? ..

p.s .. really enjoyed tyketrial @ penistone.. :P

It's on it's way. The interview sections are nearly finished and Marcus is editing the rest as we speak. It's taking a while, but we hope it'll be worth the wait!

Glad you enjoyed the trial, I thought it was class! We used a lot more of the venue than last time (it was too wet last season so some areas were deemed too dangerous) and there were some really interesting (read difficult!) sections! Looking forward to Addingham this week, will we see you there?

Please translate the interview with Gilles. I'm really looking forward to understand it :P

It's next on my list (Y) had to take a bit of a break from the translating over the last couple of weeks, I've just had too much on with work and whatnot, getting back on it now. Check back here tomorrow afternoon/evening, I hope to have it up by then :)

Cheers for the interest - if there's anything not translated that people would like to see in English, just let me know! I try to get everything translated but sometmes there's just not enough hours in the day so some bits get missed out. I try and keep it pertinent to UK readers, but if I miss something that you'd like to see, just let me know!

Please translate the interview with Gilles. I'm really looking forward to understand it :P

Sorry guys, you'll have to wait a bit longer for this one. I got two massive jobs in today and didn't have a chance to fit this in. All being well I should be able to fit it in tomorrow.

Great! The work you do is fantastic! Thanks!

:$ Thanks very much!

there were some really interesting (read difficult!) sections!

yeh . i nearly had a heart attack when i first saw the intermediate sections :) glad i moved down..

Looking forward to Addingham this week, will we see you there?

naa . but im hoping to attend tyketrial events from now on :)

w!

Yeah, there were some tricky sections on Sunday, but we had a good range of scores, with the winners in single figures and the people at the bottom of the table on 50+ so I think it was pitched just right.

See you at Lee Mill next month then!

Yeah, there were some tricky sections on Sunday, but we had a good range of scores, with the winners in single figures and the people at the bottom of the table on 50+ so I think it was pitched just right.

See you at Lee Mill next month then!

are these going to be slightly easier than penistone? :giggle:

Focus Trial Issue 3

- Focus Trial issue three is out, with some great looking shots of trials, BMX and fixie riding alongside some interesting articles. Enjoy!

Trials in Monaco!

- Trials Display are currently en route to Monaco, where they will be putting on a series of shows at the Formula 1 Grand Prix!

A trials flashmob in Brussels!

- A group of Belgian Elite riders recently took part in a flashmob organised by charity 11.11.11. Video this way!

The K-124 Days video

- Countless people have been asking when the official K-124 Days video will be ready. Not yet I'm afraid... but it is on its way! The guys are working non-stop on the editing of the footage and we hope to have the video out soon!

are these going to be slightly easier than penistone? :giggle:

Not sure - wait and see! They'll certainly be interesting; there's man-made stuff as well as natural stuff, plus it's a completely new venue for us!

Edited by Ben Swales

A Straight Flush at Buthiers

- Trial Mag 46 is available to buy in France, with Danny Mac on the cover and an ambitious group test of the latest 26" bikes to hit the market inside! [translated by Rich]

Trial Mag put the latest 24"s through their paces

- Everything that you’ve ever wanted to know about 24" but never dared to ask will be answered in the next issue of Trial Mag France.

Edited by Ben Swales

There are some knocking about. I haven't seen that many pictures of it though. try doing a search on here. If you watch Stan and Mark's brakeless video, which was filmed at Lee Mill, it should give you an idea of what's there (Y)

EDIT: Just found this thread with some pictures from ages ago. There's a lot more stuff there now, including a lot of man-made obstacles including cable reels and rails. Have a hunt about, I'm sure you'll find some pictures :)

Edited by Ben Swales

There's a fair amount of factual inaccuracy in the "Trial Mag put the latest 24"s through their paces" article. Biased in TMS's favour too - I wonder why that could be...

EDIT: And the "Straight flush at Buthiers" thing, but that was primarily in what appeared to be a direct quote from them.

Here you go: An Interview with the Big Boss

- A pretty in-depth interview with the French, European and World Champion in which he talks about his season so far and his goals for 2010, his new car and plans for the future.

There are a few other translations that I've posted up but haven't got round to posting in here - have a look in the English section for latest updates.

Any expected date/ rough kinda guess for the K-124 video? Really looking forward to it!

Not yet I'm afraid... As far as I know it's *almost* ready, but there's still a fair bit of tweaking to do. It hasn't helped that the whole team are up to their necks in related and un-related projects. Plus Jérome got married this weekend (congratulations!) and will be on his honeymoon in a couple of weeks. I think it should be out pretty soon, but you'll just have to hang on for a bit longer I'm afraid!