Tribalzine News

Ben Swales

Jack Carthy at the British Trials Cup Final

- Here’s a video of Onza and Tribal rider Jack Carthy at the final round of the British Trial Cup at Shipley Glen on Sunday, filmed and edited by his uncle. It’s choc full of big, technical riding and there’s a little bonus at the end!

Edited by Ben Swales

The Spanish Championship Final

- Catalan photographer Mireia Martin took some fantastic photos at the third and final round of the 2010 Spanish Championship in Cabrera de Mar. Here are a few of them.

The Mont Sainte-Anne Elite 26" Final

- An American rider has sent us a 25 minute video that plunges you into the heart of the Elite 26" Final in Mont Sainte-Anne.

Mont Sainte-Anne by Ryan MacVicker

- Another video dedicated to the World Championship in Mont Sainte-Anne, with more than half an hour of footage, allowing you to relive the Elite 26" Semi-Final, the Elite 20" & 26" Finals and other moments of the competition!

Danny MacAskill - Way Back Home trailer

Danny presents Way Back Home

- Perhaps the best-known rider on the planet, the phenomenal Danny MacAskill, is working on a new video project with Red Bull... "Way Back Home". Here is the teaser for the new production as well as an interview with the man himself, looking back over his success story and talking about his new video project.

Heiko Lehmann, Tribal Rider

- Young Elite rider Heiko Lehmann, 4th in the 2010 German Championships, 12th in the Antwerp World Cup, has joined the ranks of the Tribal Riders. Welcome to the team Heiko!

Benito Ros - end of season interview

- A big interview with the world’s number 1 20" and number 2 26" rider, Benito Ros, in which he talks us through his 2011 season.

Edited by Ben Swales

Rick Koekoek in Antwerp and Saint-François Longchamp

- Here is the second instalment in Guus Bouwmans’ "Rick Koekoek Trilogy", showing the World No.3 in action in the Antwerp and Saint-François Longchamp rounds of the World Cup!

A 7.68kg Ozonys Curve V2!

- Raul Fernandez, head honcho over at Trial-Bikes.com presents his new bike : Ozonys Curve 26 V2 kitted out with only the best parts and weighing in at just... 7.68kg ! It is one of the sexiest builds we’ve ever seen!

The Belgian Cup Final

- Results and a few photos from the recent Belgian Cup Final that took place in Kluisbergen and saw Iciar Van den Bergh crowned Elite Champion and Pierre-Charles Thomas Junior Champion.

Alan Cappellacci, Tribal Rider

- Italian rider Alan Cappellacci, who rides with the Biketrial Vadese Crew, has joined the Tribal Riders... Here is his latest video, showing him in training sporting the No.1 trials info site’s team colours!

Eirik Ulltang - Trials in Motion

- Norwegian street rider Eirik Ulltang has sent us a link to his latest video, with some magnificent shots, and dynamic and original editing work by Andreas Johannessen!

Edited by Ben Swales

Tribal Zine: 1,000,000 Visitors!

- We recently passed the 1,000,000 visitors mark! Thank you very much for your loyalty and support, thanks also to the riders who bring the site to life and to all of our partners and friends, without whom we wouldnt be able to bring you this quality web resource!

Edited by Ben Swales

• 2 weeks later...

João Sousa, king of Portugal

- João Sousa wins the first ever title of Portuguese Elite Champion. Comp report, video and photos.

The 13th Cahors Urban Trial

- This year at the Cahors Urban Trial there was a dedicated bike competition as well as the usual Moto action. Check out the video and photos here!

Danny MacAskill: Way Back Home

- As if any of you didn't know: Danny's got a new video out. It's quite good.

The 2011 UCI-UEC Calendar

- The UCI/UEC have released their international calendar for 2011. Italy, Belgium, Switzerland and France are the venues.

Léo Nobile in Danny MacAskill's footsteps

- A great new video from comp rider Léo, who recently converted to street à la Danny.

Alessandro Alegretti - street

- A cool little street video of comp rider Alessandro by Alan Cappellaci.

Jamie Williams - Speedrace FANS Evo

- Tribal Rider Jamie Williams picked up a new sponsor not long ago: Easy-Bike.cn. Here's his latest video and some photos of him in action on his new FANS Evo.

The EBU 2011 Calendar

- Here is the calendar for the next Bieke Trial European season, which will consist of a European Championship in Sweden and thre European Cup rounds in Spain, France and Italy!

The Ozonys Curve V2 20" & 26"

- A closer look at the new incarnations of the flagship models of the Ozonys range, the Curve V2s, which are even more elegant that the V1, both aesthetically and technically. The 20" frame weighs just 1240g and the 26" weighs 1460g!

Edited by Ben Swales

Vitoria 2010 by Mireia Martin

- Photographer Mireia Martin was in Vitoria last weekend to immortalise the huge street session organised by Miguel Ruiz : Benito, Diego and the rest were all present...

Don't forget that you can change the Tribal Zine homepage by clicking on the Union Jack on the camera image so that it only displays the articles in English.

There is also a Tribal Zine iPhone app (now in version 2.1) that is updated in real time with all of the news and media that we post on the site and it's FREE! (Y)

Edited by Ben Swales

Swiss Monty - In the Beginning

- The Gavillets (Jacqueline, Robert and Joël) are an important part of the history of trials and have played a key part in bringing it into the new decade. Heres a look back over this familys passion...

The Swiss Monty Adventure Continues

- The continuation of the story of one familys passion that left its mark on biketrials in Switzerlaznd and beyond... Part 2 of the Gavillet saga : the Swiss Monty Adventure Continues !

Thanks to Monty for the translation of the original article.

Edited by Ben Swales

Gilles Coustellier with Koxx until 2015

- The former World Champion who, with the exception of this year's World Championship, has won pretty much every comeptition he's entered, has signed with Koxx for the next five seasons.

Benito Ros, Tribal Rider!

- Benito Ros, 20" Spanish, Europan and World Champion, has joined the ranks of the Tribal Riders - welcom to the tribe Beni!

Kenny Belaey Belgian Sportsman of the year?

- World Champion Kenny Belaey has been nominated for the 2010 Belgian Sportsman of the year award and has a favour to ask of the trials community: go to the Sporza website and vote for him! It only takes a minute or two and you could be in with a chance to win tickets to the event!

Adrian Lengyel & TNN

- Hungarian Tribal and Rockman Rider Adrian Lengyel has sent us a link to his latest video, which promotes his new sponsor, TNN Engineering.

Vitoria 2010 by Benito Ros

- You can now keep up with all of Benito Ros’ news on the blog that he has just integrated into his site. He recently published an article on the mega street ride in Vitoria...

Neil Tunnicliffe - Video 38

- For those of you who, like us, missed this the first time round, here’s another look at the latest opus from UK street rider Neil Tunnicliffe, with some astonishing gaps to front...

Edited by Ben Swales

K-124 Land!

- The K-124 group is leaving the Parisian region, where they have been based for a decade, to set themselves up in the dynamic Rhône-Alpes region, in Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse. Their goal: to bring their business into a new dimension with the creation of K-124 Land!

This sounds pretty f*cking amazing - a purpose built practice centre based around K-124's new headquarters, with an Olympic standard bmx track, what they say will be the biggest trials park in the world, dirt jumps, a slope style course, a north shore track and what they say will be the largest indoor skate park in Europe! Maybe I'll move house....

Also...

2010 is nearly over and still no official K124 video..........

No, you're right. I don't know what's happened to the video as I'm not really involved in that side of things. I've emailed the guys that were working on it and if I hear anything I'll let you know. It's been so long without hearing anything though, I'd assume there won't be one now :(

Edited by Ben Swales

I remember Dominique talking about this when he came over to visit Tartybikes, I had assumed it wasn't going ahead, but it's great news to hear they want to carry on and are putting the cogs into motion. I hope they can build it fairly quickly so I can still ride it while I am young :rolleyes: