Britains Got Talent.

bigamac

It has to be said, this show is a total joke. Not a waste of time however, as we can all use it as a tool for laughing. The judges have no idea on anything except for maybe singing?

Even for the dancing.. man, all these labelled 'Break dancers' (When the true dance is actually called B-Boying) are mostly just not even B-Boys, the are general Street/hiphop dancers much like what George Sampson is doing (mixing in Popping, Locking, Salsa, the odd powermove from B-Boying, etc.). Any mong can learn a generic headspin or windmill in a few weeks of practice (yes, I guarantee that personally! Two of the simplest powermoves in B-boying) but that does not make you a B-Boy. Hell no. George Sampson and Flawless aren't B-Boys or "Breakdancers", rather they are hybrid Street dancers (much like how normal people wrongly stereotype Trials riders as BMXers!) There is a huge bias towards dancers of all sorts, especially towards teens dancing. Yes it's flashy, but gosh, it isn't all that great? Remember Kombat Breakers from '07 ? The judges creamed their pants, and yes they were actually a B-Boy crew, but honestly they were terrible. The UK sucks at it, but heck, none of the dancing on BGT is all that great, I bet a guy/girl in your university's dance society is more talented and able. More deserving individuals from other fields who have spent years more dedicating to their art lose out to dancers on this show, that's just silly.

"I know all about Break Dancing"- Simon Cowell to the performing boy in '08 (forgot his name)... riiighht. The fact that you refer to it as that displays your credibility Simon. No true self-respecting B-Boy would ever whore themselves out to get cheap fame this way (much like America's Best Dance Crew). Busking is better for that matter!

Ignoring the bullshit 'break dancing' they show on BGT and ABDC. Those that want to see B-Boying at its best, go watch the Koreans. On a technical and competitive level, they are the monopoly.

On another note, when are Thinkbikes coming on TV if they are?

Edited by Sponge

He's mainly a street rider, as in BMX/skate-esque, doing little tricks, grinds, stairsets etc.. And any decent street rider can easily cross into trials, and I know Jason can do fairly decent trials, but he majorly choked here. Badly. Nerves got to him and things went pear-shaped.

Shame, could've been good!

I think he choked, as performing in front of a live audience and knowing it's going out to loads of people would/does scare the crap out of me.

I thought so, you'd have to be pretty stupid to set up a course that you'd struggle with that much!

Earlier this morning i viewed a trailer of clips for this weekend's showing, and last clip was two trialsters performing a simutaneous drop on stage. So hopefully we'll see the full performance.......unless it was already aired last weekend and no one viewed it.

Doing a demo in Edinburgh, Jason seriously hurt a woman on stage by landing on her trying to jump over her. She was hot and gutted.

Well done Jason for getting on tv. Thats your 15 minutes of fame over, now f**k off will you. :P

You're kidding me?

that is a bad burn. But I can't see how it realistically happened as a sidehop over someone flat on the ground is fairly consistent and simple on a uni once you've actually learnt the technique. Major chokeage? What happened in the end?

• 1 month later...

the singing due old man and very young girl, were REALLY good, i didnt like the song but they were reallly good, there bond and the man, I felt so sorry for him (loosing his wife) he looked so nervous.

And they got through !

the singing due old man and very young girl, were REALLY good, i didnt like the song but they were reallly good, there bond and the man, I felt so sorry for him (loosing his wife) he looked so nervous.

And they got through !

they're some really bad ones one it though.