Onza Ice

stunt man t

just built up my new frame :D

got a few adjustments to make

i.e shorten steerer tube, work out how to tension the chain, adjust brakes

but i couldnt wait to ride it so here it is....

what do you think??

spec is:

onza ice frame

zona zedd forks

monty cranks

tryall ffw

trall front and rear rim

trall handle bars

p.s sorry for the poor qulity pictures (N)

ice1.jpg

ice2.jpg

ice3.jpg

ice5.jpg

ice6.jpg

Edited by stunt man t

to be honest, I wouldn't be cutting that down any time soon! Thats a low bar and stem setup, if you cut down the steerer it would ride like shit!

Bike looks nice though

my old t-pro had an internal head set and i didnt have any spacers on that :o

but to be honest ive rode this bike today and it feels right :)

just dont look it :lol:

trust me, higher bars make for a better all-round bike. All low bars are good for is making the bike into a pogo stick.

Noticed your bars are WAAAAYY forward as well, by all means keep them like that if you like it, but the front end will be easier to pull up and the bike will generally ride better with them either vertical, or with a little bit of back sweep. I have seen many riders with bars forwards, it makes you ride with elbows out which puts your upper body in a much less effective position.

trust me, higher bars make for a better all-round bike. All low bars are good for is making the bike into a pogo stick.

Noticed your bars are WAAAAYY forward as well, by all means keep them like that if you like it, but the front end will be easier to pull up and the bike will generally ride better with them either vertical, or with a little bit of back sweep. I have seen many riders with bars forwards, it makes you ride with elbows out which puts your upper body in a much less effective position.

i kind of like them like that :$

i feel better when im on the back wheel

im still playing around with hight and postion so ill give it a go mate

cheers for the advice mate

and the parts aswell :lol:

Edited by stunt man t

Its up to you if you want to try it, all I'll say is there's (lots) more to how a bike rides than just rear wheel control. experiment with different positions and go with what you feel best. I have been riding 11 years and I have noticed that all the top riders in the world run a higher front end with a bit bars a bit back than yours, gotta mean something right?

Its up to you if you want to try it, all I'll say is there's (lots) more to how a bike rides than just rear wheel control. experiment with different positions and go with what you feel best. I have been riding 11 years and I have noticed that all the top riders in the world run a higher front end with a bit bars a bit back than yours, gotta mean something right?

yh defo ;)

i ant realy into bunny hops and manuals

most moves i do are on the back wheel so it feels right

but i will have a go because itll make me a better rider ;)

well hopefully :lol:

Get some risers for it and loose some of the stacks, it'll ride much better.

I've never ridden a mod that felt good with flat bars, they just don't bunnyhop or backhop nicely at all in my experience.

Get some risers for it and loose some of the stacks, it'll ride much better.

I've never ridden a mod that felt good with flat bars, they just don't bunnyhop or backhop nicely at all in my experience.

agreed. get a high rise stem with some high rise bars a good combo is viz welded (i think thats the one i got) and try all rage bars nice and high front end however if you want to do it on the cheap. you could always got t-master stem and the cheap monty risers.

agreed. get a high rise stem with some high rise bars a good combo is viz welded (i think thats the one i got) and try all rage bars nice and high front end however if you want to do it on the cheap. you could always got t-master stem and the cheap monty risers.

my mates got the exact combo on his gu tp mod and i dont like how it feels one bit :$

ive roled the bars back abit so they point just a tad backwards from straight up and lowerd the stem

and it does ride alot better

cheers for the advice (Y)

just need to cut it down so i havnt got the stackers on top :giggle:

to be honest, I wouldn't be cutting that down any time soon! Thats a low bar and stem setup, if you cut down the steerer it would ride like shit!

Bike looks nice though

I expected a more health and safety reply from someone who works for a company like Tartybikes. Me and the vast majority of people know his forks won't last half the time they should with that many stem stackers, too much flex to the forks.

Get that steerer chopped boy, No stackers, trials tech bars = Laughing :)

I expected a more health and safety reply from someone who works for a company like Tartybikes. Me and the vast majority of people know his forks won't last half the time they should with that many stem stackers, too much flex to the forks.

They're made to be that long. So they're made to last as long as they'll last with a full length steeter. If you cut it the life span MAY be a bit longer. But oh well, if it rides better with it un-vut then so be it.

They're made to be that long. So they're made to last as long as they'll last with a full length steeter. If you cut it the life span MAY be a bit longer. But oh well, if it rides better with it un-vut then so be it.

i never thought of it like that

but yh im cutting the tube down tomorrow ;)

only cus it looks better without the stackers on top (Y)

It's all to do with forces and facts to be honest, if somethings shorter, it becomes harder to bend/snap and less flexy, correct ? Regardless of if they have been 'made' to be that long, it's clearly obvious that iff the tube be shorter = the less flexy it will be and the less chance of snapping.