Speeding Points

Ducko

a mate of mine got caught doing 34 in a 30 by a cop with a camera the other day.

got a letter sent to his house asking him to declare if it was him driving or someone else,

he's on his last 3 points has only been driving under 2 years,

but basically his mum has said that she'll take the points for him and say she was driving,

just wondering if anyone has done this before? and if its a good idea sounds a bit dodgy to me personally.

dont turn this into another dont speed debate,

cheers

Someone I know took the points for their partner and got a knock on the door and arrested for perverting the course of justice and had a hell of a few days in police cells. Just be careful if there's photographic evidence because there's every chance it will catch up whoever steps in to take the blame.

They always say if you can't do the time don't do the crime. </Massive cliché>

apparently he's going to call and record it on dictaphone and say something like ' my mum believes she went throught the speed trap but to be sure can we have a picture'

i dont know i guess it'll depend on the person he speaks too..

i think he should maybe just accept the points haha

My mum got caught speeding once, and she was just let off... told me she was wasted at the time aswell :giggle:

My mum also knew someone who was caught by the police going through a red light, the guy refused to pay the fine or whatever it was and took the policeman to court on claims that the light was amber and not red. The man listened to everything in court and when asked if he had anything to say or whatever, he asked the policeman what colour car he was driving. When the policeman couldn't answer, the guy turned back and said - "If you can't be so sure what colour car I was driving, how can you be so sure what colour light I went through?"

He got let off...

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

My mum got caught speeding once, and she was just let off... told me she was wasted at the time aswell :giggle:

My mum also knew someone who was caught by the police going through a red light, the guy refused to pay the fine or whatever it was and took the policeman to court on claims that the light was amber and not red. The man listened to everything in court and when asked if he had anything to say or whatever, he asked the policeman what colour car he was driving. When the policeman couldn't answer, the guy turned back and said - "If you can't be so sure what colour car I was driving, how can you be so sure what colour light I went through?"

He got let off...

LOL with that story. :)

Good luck trying to get past this shizzle.

He got let off...

Thats just f**king silly not funny at all

If you claim it's your mum driving (Oh sorry, your "friend"'s mum :P ) and they've got a photo which proves you were lying then you're likely to get in a lot more trouble. Perverting the course of justice etc which is a criminal offense rather than a driving one. Good luck, and if they don't have a picture then you'll probably be ok, but it's risky.

Then points instantly go to the veichle owner......

Not at all simps, It took nearly 7 months for my offense to be concluded, because of not being clear to the police who was driving at the time.

Say you're not sure who was driving, and you'll more than likely to get the evidence (photos), I've still got mine. :D

You could always just ask for the photos without saying anything about who was driving... I did and they sent me one crap quality picture with another car partially blocking mine, tried to argue, went to court, failed, fine went up to about £180 (I think, was a while ago...) oh well!