Dh/freeride Bike Shops - Midlands

Rebelistic

Hi guys, I'm after buying myself a DH or freeride bike and I'm wondering if there are any good shops in the midlands that I could visit to look at the bikes.

I know there's some good online shops but I'd like to go and view before buying so a physical shop would be better.

Can anyone recommed any good ones. (my price range is about £2000 max).

Cheers,

John.

Rutland Water Cycling near Stamford. Quite good prices and have a lot in stock! Would guess that would be the best place and fairly close to Leicester.

JE James in Sheffield, also good prices but don't have as much in stock.

Let us know what bike you get (Y)

Rutland Water Cycling near Stamford. Quite good prices and have a lot in stock! Would guess that would be the best place and fairly close to Leicester.

Exactly what I was going to say. They stock a bunch of decent makes and the guys working there know what they are on about.

There are test days there every now and then but it's flat as so won't really be able get a proper feel for the bike.

• 2 weeks later...
Pearce Cycles in Ludlow, Shropshire, Dave Mellors Cycles in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.

Don't really know of any decent bike shops else where.

Fish is right, both are good but Pearce cycles would be my preferance as i have done alot of deals and brought a bike off them in the past! Very good service too... They also run there on downhill team and series so i think they no what there doing!