The School Thread...

Sam-Addy A3

Hey, im in school at the moment, and reallyyyyy bored, so i made this thread :D

Just chat if you're in school and bored .

Im currently supposed to be on work experience but they didnt give me anythin to do so i quit haha. But they have made me come into school :(

Chat away.....

Sam :D

Im currently supposed to be on work experience but they didnt give me anythin to do so i quit haha.

I see you'll go far.

What I got taught is this; if they don't give you anything to do...find something to do. Grab a brush and have a bit of a clean up, if you're walking around aimlessly, do it with a bit of paper in your hand and it looks like you're actually doing something slightly important.

:)

Simps is at 6th form, but they kept him back a few years because he's a bit slow. :P

We don't finish college until near the end of June! This is a good thing really, because we are all sooo far off finishing the work.

Edited by Muel

Ah right lol.

I got soo much work i havn't done, mainly becuase i am on this 'fast track' scheme thing which means we start some gcses in year 9, which means we have some free lessons in year 11 so we do AS levels :D

Really confusin haha

Sam :D

Lol, when I went to go on my work experience, one of the dudes I would be working with died.

As a result, I spent the week at school. Initially, I did coursework. Later, they made me sort out cupboards, and then later still, I had to clean down surfaces in the chemistry room.

Haha. f**king trinity.

Simps is at 6th form, but they kept him back a few years because he's a bit slow. :P

:( Touche, too true unfortunatly, I'm not slow just an unwilling learner :P

One guy i was workin with said at one point, he was ranked 7th in the world for bmx racing :o

If I learnt anything about work experience it was that the nobodys in bike shops are unintelligent lying virgins. Who will say anything to impress 15 year olds.

I've had people come to work on Work Experience before and it is the most awkward thing in the world...

She was a grandaughter of one of the guys working on the factory floor who wanted work in IT. I could literally give her nothing to do due to so many reasons, either handling confidential infomation, her not knowing how to do it or simply me not trusting her to do it without cocking things up. But I still tried to show her things where ever I could or thought it may be useful. Needless to say, she ended up doing filing.

Similar situation to those guys - they could either have you making cups of tea in the back room, away from all the dangerous tools and machinery or run the risk of you getting injured, damaging something or worse. I know its not the way it should be, but unfortunately thats the way it has to be. :(

My work ex was probably the best 2 education related weeks of my life, I was at a place doing IT technicianing, they were great because they thought up loads of things for me to do, like they were scrapping a load of broken computers and I had to help disposing them all but also had to make one good one out of all the broken ones, the ended up reinstalling the OS and re-using it. :lol:

They also did some other funny things, like assign me to a technician who was shorter than I was when I was 14, and sending us off to pick up a photocopier from down the road with a trolley, we had to push it up the big hill and it was a right pain in the arse. Still fun though.

My work experience was f**king awesome, did a load of page layouts, photo editing, chillin' on the beach, articles, loooads of stuff.

Highlight of all, met someone who was 2 time British junior biketrial champion back in the days of the original Monty's, rode my Pitbull in the offices/ kitchen and we took very long lunch breaks riding :)

RE: school, we're being kept there with no study leave for exams, despite every other school getting it, so i've dodged all but one lesson asleep on the field today (Y)

I get to work in the Local bike shop which sell's Onza's for Work experience in july.

Hopefully it's Awesome . :giggle:

They may well just get you to make cups of tea. In fact, you're definately going to be getting the tea, whether or not you do anything else, I don't know :P

school, man that was a long time ago! I left when I was 14/15 (that's 10 years ago!) Hated every second I was there!

I did work experience at Orange Mountain bikes, that was ACE! I got to build up really nice bikes, paint them,watch Steve Wade design them in CAD, got to see the frames getting welded and heat treated and at lunch time we would nip out to the woods behind and ride some DH.

I was a prefect for my science teacher, and we had one of the technicians daughters doing work experience there. Things got a bit steamy in his office. Haha i miss school soooo bad.

Why wern't i ever told, god, pain in the arse.