How Much Weight Must I Save ?

WIGAN

OK so i am looking to save a bit of weight on my bike, I'm not obsessed with weight like some folk but i jumped on my mates atomz the other day and it felt really light and flicky and its inspired me to try and save weight so where do you guys think is the best way to go ?

heres the spec:

bars: rage bars

stem: echo

forks: urbans

bb: skf

cranks: zoo, hen bash

rims: echo urbans

tires: maxxis minions

gu typhoon 07 frame

Edited by WIGAN

Then if you have a bash plate lose that and just run a bash ring.

We do know it's a stock.

Pedals, inner tubes and tyres (especially the front ones) are easy to save on, the rest of the stuff depends on what you've got.

What's the frame, dude? There's no point putting light parts on a heavy frame (like a GU) because it's not going to be especially light.

Edited by Revolver

The biggest weight saving gram per pound is tyres, if you have a dual ply minion rear and a single ply front, you can save about 800g if you went to a front 2.2" Mountain King and a rear Rubber Queen 2.4".

Edited by Muel

The biggest weight saving gram per pound is tyres, if you have a dual ply minion rear and a single ply front, you can save about 800g if you went to a front 2.2" Mountain King and a rear Rubber Queen 2.4".

this is gunna sound daft but is 800g good, im really not a weight guy lol

OK so i am looking to save a bit of weight on my bike, I'm not obsessed with weight like some folk but i jumped on my mates atomz the other day and it felt really light and flicky and its inspired me to try and save weight so where do you guys think is the best way to go ?

heres the spec:

bars: rage bars

stem: echo

forks: urbans

bb: skf

cranks: zoo, hen bash

rims: echo urbans

tires: maxxis minions

gu typhoon 07 frame

depends on how much yopu want to spend on your bike spose..........personaly i wouldn't change anything......but given the choice, the rims would be the first thing i'd change.

maybe try-all tyres?!?!?!

urban forks you ain't gonna get much lighter.

skf bb is shit hot.

apart from that, your guess is as good as mine!!

depends on how much yopu want to spend on your bike spose..........personaly i wouldn't change anything......but given the choice, the rims would be the first thing i'd change.

maybe try-all tyres?!?!?!

urban forks you ain't gonna get much lighter.

skf bb is shit hot.

apart from that, your guess is as good as mine!!

You don't have to guess, just look at how much each of your parts weighs now, then replace it with a lighter one. Try-All rear tyres are the heaviest you can get, they're like 1300g. :P

Get conti tyres and try all rims, but prepair for punctures and broken rims while your riding them :P haha.

I'd get a Try-All hOles rim for the front , they're much lighter than anything else really and put a front Urban rim on the rear. Fairly light and it will hold a grind!

I'd get a Try-All hOles rim for the front , they're much lighter than anything else really and put a front Urban rim on the rear. Fairly light and it will hold a grind!

Mavic xc717 is like 100g lighter than a front hOles, 20mm Drilled DX32 is near the same weight as a rear hOles ;)

Tyres and tubes are the cheapest way to save weight and will be instantly noticeable because the rotating inertia of the wheels is reduced; that said youre starting with a heavy frame. If I changed my triton frame for a 2.16kg GU the whole build would still be 9.4kg :D