New Tnn Lgm (green) Pads And Refill Released.

Le @ Tnn Engineering

A review of TNN's brake products:

The Backings: Well these are really well machined alu backings, nice and slim but super stiff with simple, deep recesses for the pad to sit into. They come media blasted to give a nice, keyed surface to stick to. They're really light too, the pad material weighs much more than the backing its self. The O ring clip is simple, a bit of lube (didn't wanna risk getting it on the surface/rim, so I just used good ol' fashioned spit) and the shaft slides gently into the lubed, tight hole until its fully engaged and secure. Can't really fault 'em, maybe a little pricey compared to others on the market but not majorly exensive for the performance. 9/10

CRM Compound: Started these off on a dead grind, ass soon as they were fitted they had a nice honk and a fair bit of bite. Dragged down a small hill i hit them with some pretty hardcore natural, all the rocks dip at around 90 degrees so theres pretty much no flat surfaces, so hold was key here. In the first hour they had increasing bite and noise, the hold within the first hour wasn't up to that of Koxx Browns, but still perfecty adequte and would have been fine on street. After the bedding in hour, the bite and noise had increased to nothing short of amazing, excellent. The hold had also improved to around that of Koxx Browns which are imo the best holding pads around. I got a punny so reground my rim, and for whatever reason I found the bite, hold and noise all slightly decreased, and began to get better as the grind wore smoother again. Definately better on lighter, deader grinds in my experience. I've used them for about a month, and they've worn about 3mm of pretty consistent use of about 4 times a week riding. They didn't work at all for me in the wet, thats their only fault really. 8/10

LGM Compound Had these on for a couple of days now, they're not fully bedded in so will update after they have. However, they immidiately had a louder honk and amazing bite, even compared to the amazing CRMs. The hold wasn't quite as good obviously, but they wern't formed to the shape of the rim at all. After a days riding, the hold is excellent, way up there with the Koxx browns and CRMs of this world. This is on a deadish grind that the CRMs were on. They havn't worn at all in the full days riding, theres no sign of that white dust around the edges you get with some pads. Not tried in the wet yet, but will update when it rains and i can be arsed getting wet. For now, Baller/10

This was on a yaabaa 1499 with try-all 2 bolt booster, try-all rim using Magura slaves on an old Dengura lever bled with water. Clamps are standard Magura 4 bolts, using 2 sets of the lower clamps so i can get away without a washer.

Available from Tartybikes at £28.38.

Have you/tnn ever thought of making disk brake pads?

i know that theres alot more to do and more models to make but if you did surely you'd be the no.1 trials disk pad maker?

possibly XC/DH ect too?

just a thought

..rob..

Plazmatic/Chris Russ did make some in the past. They did work extremely well real on/off braking but only suitable for disc with no holes. Now days standard disc brakes are up to the task so there's no real need for better performance.

My review of the TNN LGM's-

A run down on my brake set-up:

- Ashton Justice

- Two bolt booster

- Trial Tech rim

- Old medium grind

Pads used: Basically the lot!

Riding Experience: 8 years solid.

I thought about writing a review about the LGM's when I was in Australia but it would be unfair because of weather/ terrain differences compared with the UK. Also, I have tested the brake intensely on street, natural, woody environment and wet and damp terrain.

I have ridden the LGM's for approximately three months. I knew after riding them for the second time that we was on to a winner! I am not the type of person to go screaming and shouting how good they are on first impressions! I was very sceptical if these were going to maintain this newly discovered awesome performance! After installing the LGM's I noticed how solid the lever felt when pulling the brake, I love the sensation of a tight brake set-up.

I weigh 90kg so finding a decent set of pads that I can trust and be confident that they wont slip is vital for me. The LGM compound fulfilled my breif. They provide raw power and confidence.

The Dry- come on.... every bloody pad works in the dry!!! BUT these have an ultimate hold!

Wet/ raining ridiculously hard- When I was testing these pads in the rain I was riding natural. Normally I would sit back and wait for the rain to clear but with the LGM's I carried on riding. The pads maintained plenty of bit and even made a squeak!

Damp/ forest/ mossy/ muddy- suprisingly I love the LGM's the most in this sort of environment. The damp atmosphere causes the pads to grip to rim with the slightest pull of the lever. I have just got back from a typical english quarry ride, riding in the woods through puddles ect. The LGM's were ready for it all.

Boiling Hot! Tops off weather- Fantastic! I honestly thought that the LGM's performance would alter when I rode in the UK again compared to Australia. Just because it is a hell of a lot warmer in Aus. But.... No they havent! In fact I have found that the performance of the LGM's have improved. Or maybe its because I compared them to my mates brakes...

Well thats my opinion...

Conclusion:

Raw power, solid bite, oh did I forget to say that Im still using the original set Le gave me... Endurence and wear is definitely a bonus to the LGM's. Asthetically amazing! Extensive research and development! Fantastic feedback from other top riders such as TRA, Stan Shaw and Ali C!

Cheers,

Lewis.

Edited by tryallmaster