Stange Question... What Makes People Want To Start Trials...?

Styles

Hey guys and girls,

I've been riding trials on and off for about 4 years now, but i can't remember why i started,

I always see posts about "i want to get my first bike... What should i get?" but I'm just interested in what it is that makes you want to start trials?

Or why people started when they did?

Well I started because I'd been watching video's and seeing people ride trials in real-life for about 6 years.

Just looking at what kind of tricks were involved and how everything fell together really made me want to start.

Now I have an Onza Bird and I think it's the best thing i've ever done.

:)

A mate of mine used to do it about 5-6 years ago,

I used to go riding with him but never used to ride trials.

He told me to give it a bash so i did,

I now ride a martin hawyes rep and cant seem to get off it.

i ride moto trials too. my dad got me started on that with an old Fantic 240 pro and it escalated to my new gasser and wanting to be able to go up just about anything and go just about any where i want to.

as for trialsin, i saw an old monty in a pawn shop in town and though that i gotta have that to play around on. then it went to "i wonder what i can do on the bicycle?"

so far i have found that i can go up 5 foot steps on my monty and i can splatter up about 6.5 feet on my gasser i can pretty much bunny hop over my dad's head on my gasser. lol. i wanna go bigger! (man i need to get back on the moto)

to me trials is such a cool sport to watch, such finesse and skill exhibited by trials riders (except my dad and i, we kinda seem to blunder through the sections :lol: )

basically it was the coolness and the skill possessed by trials riders that got me in to the sport.

I started on Mototrials like it so much, ha been watchin push bike trials for a while, then mine and my brothers mototrial bikes got stolen , we decided to give biketrials a go.

Only one of the sports i have sticked to and enjoy it so much lol.

Can you ?

Not *quite*, however i've only technically been riding for a year or so despite having a been involved with trials/ starting 4 years back, i usually get bored/ distracted and quit before i get mildly good :lol:

Edited by Skoze

This is actually a good interesting topic i think!!!

What got me into it was the moto trials on the tv. I loved watching it....much better than motocross, the control and obsticals amazed me!

However then i seen and heard too lads round where i live rode pushbike trials and got talking to one of then one day and i eventually bought his bike off his. Reet scrapper it was. This was about too years ago, then i met the other rider and we basically became best mates, soon as we got in from school one of us was on the phone to the other "fancy riding like" we used to travel miles and miles to find good riding spots....Ahhhhh the good old days. He doesnt ride much hardly ever but i still do.... Best thing i have ever done, but i havent passed my driving test yet!!

My reason was circumstantial,

I used to live on the Quontock hills and rode and raced downhill, we then moved from the hills into town and without being able to drive at the time had no way of lugging my 40lbs DH bike to the trails.

So started dirt jump and street as the local scene is quite good, got really into dirt and then the british summers became too unpredictable and there were never enough sunny days in a row for the dirt to dry and get out and ride much.

Then a chap ben moore started working at Halfords with me and got interested in trials through him, a well specced second hand bike came available and hey presto! im hooked on trials

And whats kept me riding more than anything? The people in trials, this has by far got to be the best community of riders iv ever been involved in. Especially down here in the south-west

well ive always been interested in all sorts of bike stunting. I watched loads of videos on youtube and other video hosting websites. Then i was walking down the beach one day and saw some kids doing trials on the walls and stairs, so i stood and watched for a bit. I then decided that trials is something that i wanted to try and i felt it was something that i would actually want to do and i would keep trying. I got my Onza T-Pro for christmas in 2006 (or 2007, cant remember) and it wasnt until last month when i found some people who ride down my way and ive been riding ever since :)