Need Inspiration To Ride..

Ben-jamin'

Lately I just haven't been able to get myself to ride. Less of my friends are into trials, been busy working to save money for school, don't feel like I've learned anything new in ages, it's been raining, and just getting bored of the same repetitive shit, it's awful. I just don't even feel like riding anymore and I hate it.. I spend majority of my free time watching videos.. reading forums.. completely obsessing over the sport, but I just cannot get pumped about a ride. Does anyone have any ideas of something to get me back into riding? I've taken breaks.. worked on my bike to make it feel dialed.. bought new parts.. but nothing has been working. I've also been thinking about trying a 24 to maybe change my style of riding a bit? Has anyone else dealt with similar issues? If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Help me trials-forum!!!

Ben

Try finding somewhere new to go riding - usually you get bored because once you've worked out one way to get up a given obstacle you'll probably do it the same way every time. Try learning brakeless sidehops and backwards wheelies (They're amusing me at the moment, mostly because I can't really do them, but feel like I'm getting close :) )...

Lately I just haven't been able to get myself to ride. Less of my friends are into trials, been busy working to save money for school, don't feel like I've learned anything new in ages, it's been raining, and just getting bored of the same repetitive shit, it's awful. I just don't even feel like riding anymore and I hate it.. I spend majority of my free time watching videos.. reading forums.. completely obsessing over the sport, but I just cannot get pumped about a ride. Does anyone have any ideas of something to get me back into riding? I've taken breaks.. worked on my bike to make it feel dialed.. bought new parts.. but nothing has been working. I've also been thinking about trying a 24 to maybe change my style of riding a bit? Has anyone else dealt with similar issues? If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Help me trials-forum!!!

Ben

I had same problem just got very bored so moved on to 26" was and then ok for a couple of weeks got bored again moved on to 24" hated that then moved back to 20". But what i have found is that try to learn something that you cant do, and then when you finally do it it feels so good i did that learnt to side hop and just tried to keep getting bigger and now i feel as if its always the same and i am bored again.

Danny :)

Edited by D A N N Y

I had same problem just got very bored so moved on to 26" was and then ok for a couple of weeks got bored again moved on to 24" hated that then moved back to 20". But what i have found is that try to learn something that you cant do, and then when you finally do it it feels so good i did that learnt to side hop and just tried to keep getting bigger and now i feel as if its always the same and i am bored again.

Danny :)

Then vary it a bit, after you've sidehopped instead of sidehopping back down try a 270 spin drop

I've also been thinking about trying a 24 to maybe change my style of riding a bit?

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=141145 - :D (shameless plug)

You could try a completely different style of riding? Go out and do some XC, trails, bmx, etc? Change is as good as a rest.

stop being a fag and just ride, tjhen you'll wanna ride there benny boi

make a video for once as well.

haha shut up Joey, you just want me to follow you around with a video camera.

Thanks for all of the advice! I'll give it all a go.

Edited by Ben-jamin'