Reading And Leeds Festival Thread

Mr Bob

SO what do you think to it this year, anyone else spent to much money on there bike like me not having enough to go !!!

Enjoy

I'm not there for the first time in 7 years. It feels odd. I'm not even watching on TV. I'm just getting as pissed as I would be and playing acoustic like I would be. My own personal Reading!

same, need to so badly, looks immense and much cheaper as you see so many bands other than paying £20 a ticket for just one for one night at a normal gig.

The funny thing about Reading (and other festivals that I've been to) is that the music actually takes 2nd place. There's a good hundred bands I've wanted to see at Readings over the years that I didn't because of the other festival shit going on - i.e. getting drunk and shouting BOLLOCKS, although that's very old now.

just got back from leeds :) my feet are battered, had so much fun :D made a massive fire last night that was still going when i woke up haha, i got alexisonfire's drum stick :) and i had a good mankini session, WIN!

As usual, Reading was awesome this year. But to be honest I think it's lost it's buzz a fair bit. The riots are nowhere near as good now, neither is the campsite banter, and the crowd are pretty shit (take Kings of Leon for instance).

I'm not sure why it is, but I think it's just because it's become the cool thing to do amongst all the people my age that would never have come a few years ago, and they just don't understand the whole get loose and don't give a shit what you look like attitude and point of it, due to growing up in under 16s club nights and getting limos to party's haha.

I think it's also partly to do with the fact that there was no metal headliner this year, and all the metallers usually bring some spice to it. As it was, it was full of little indie kids and stuff. Security were also ALOT tighter. Not as nutty as the old scottish blokes but alot more picky and the kinda black guys who didn't need to get in your face for you to respect that they could throw down if it came to it.

Ahh well, still an awesome time, lots of good mates, lots of funny shit and lots of good bands. Weather was pretty awesome too all things considered!

Sitting down on chairs out of the central Radiohead crowd but bang in the middle and a perfect sound ball distance from the second two speakers smoking a few jibs is probably one of the most incredible experiences of my life. They were immense.

Do people agree with me about the changes? How was Leeds in that respect?

As usual, Reading was awesome this year. But to be honest I think it's lost it's buzz a fair bit. The riots are nowhere near as good now, neither is the campsite banter, and the crowd are pretty shit (take Kings of Leon for instance).

I'm not sure why it is, but I think it's just because it's become the cool thing to do amongst all the people my age that would never have come a few years ago, and they just don't understand the whole get loose and don't give a shit what you look like attitude and point of it, due to growing up in under 16s club nights and getting limos to party's haha.

I think it's also partly to do with the fact that there was no metal headliner this year, and all the metallers usually bring some spice to it. As it was, it was full of little indie kids and stuff. Security were also ALOT tighter. Not as nutty as the old scottish blokes but alot more picky and the kinda black guys who didn't need to get in your face for you to respect that they could throw down if it came to it.

Ahh well, still an awesome time, lots of good mates, lots of funny shit and lots of good bands. Weather was pretty awesome too all things considered!

Sitting down on chairs out of the central Radiohead crowd but bang in the middle and a perfect sound ball distance from the second two speakers smoking a few jibs is probably one of the most incredible experiences of my life. They were immense.

Do people agree with me about the changes? How was Leeds in that respect?

Definitely agree with the tameness of it all. There was so little banter in the camps which was a disappointment. I think the indie cool kids were just there for some bands and avoided the rest so crowds weren't so brilliant. Security seemed calmer to me this year, though one threatened to hit me with a big bit of wood for being a pussy about being able to break it. Thinking that was a joke though.

I had a sick time though, generally just enjoyed it.

Hoping it will improve band and crowd wise next year though.

I went leeds thought it was absolutely mint, didnt get round many bands as for one not too many were to my taste and two my knee was causing me some grief.

Only spent like £20 there too but spent a few hundred in preperation and didnt eat all weekend.

definitely reccomend it but depending on the line up next year might just get a strictly camping ticket for £30 i heard?

definitely reccomend it but depending on the line up next year might just get a strictly camping ticket for £30 i heard?

You serious? :o Does that apply for Reading as well?

Kinda sums up what I mean about alot of people not being their cos for the music and stuff any more though :P

Not too sure really looked on the sites and cant see such an option for either so might have just been a rumour.

Forgot to mention we were staying in the yellow bubble site at leeds in the very top corner and witnessed all the fracas involving the poo girl haaaa.

for those who didnt hear http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...ft-bruised.html

pretty funny but blown way out of proportion