What Tires Do You Recomed ?

ANDY MAN

hi there hope you can help

i ride a 26" Diamondback kabuki mono with stock parts on it except the inner tubes because i have had to change them soo many times because of punctures "snake bites" from hitting

a corner or edge of something.

what tires would you recommend because there are so many different tires.

i know that i have got to get dual ply.

but what make and model.

plese help

Thanks from Andy

I do not ride a stock bike but have heard very good things about Maxxis Minion Dual Ply and Continental Der Kaiser 2.5''.The Continental Der Kaiser is quite expensive for a tyre but is very grippy and worth getting if the price is not a problem.The maxxis minion however,is cheaper and still a very good tyre.

Maxxis Minion Dual Ply Rear

Continental Der Kaiser

Hope that I've helped.

I do not ride a stock bike but have heard very good things about Maxxis Minion Dual Ply and Continental Der Kaiser 2.5''.The Continental Der Kaiser is quite expensive for a tyre but is very grippy and worth getting if the price is not a problem.The maxxis minion however,is cheaper and still a very good tyre.

I dont ride stock either, but my friend has for years and has always run Maxxis Minions or Maxxis Hi Roller's. The Continental's are probably a better tyre but are nearly double the price! So if you can afford it go for the Continental but if not the Maxxis range are always a safe bet. (Y)

+1 To the talcum powder idea aswell.

Cam

Continental rain king/der kaiser if you have a lot of money,probably most durable tires on the market,still lighter than try all.

Kenda navegal/blue groove if you want cheaper but high quality tire.

Maxxis tires are durable too,but i don´t like their feel.

Schwalbe big betty are also good,very bouncy and kinda light.

What sort of riding do you do?

For street it is worth having something such as a dmr moto on the front and a maxis minion on the rear! I have the dual ply minion on my bike and have not pinched once since I got it (about 6 months ago) and I was pinching at least once a ride before!

hard to explain but it kinda gives the inner tube something smooth to rub on rather than a tyre, and if you don't get what I mean just trust me :)
I think i get the point. The talk would act as sort of a lubricant so that the tube won't cling to the tyre so easily, right?

I'm just a bit curious as to how this would help with pinches? The only way i see it working is by keeping the tube from getting caught in the fold of the tyre wall when the tyre compresses too much. But that can't be much of a help since the tube has nowhere else to go if the tyre is pressed flat enough. So i won't do much to the help with big hits, but it might save the tube from the not so hard ones. Am i wrong?

i personally love my maxxis tyres high rollers front 2.1 rear 2.3

but a mate of mine runs try all tyres and swares by them same sizes

i did once run a kenda kolossal 2.7 weighed a tonne but never pinched

Kenda%20Kollasal%20tire.jpg

Edited by maxxis26

i would say almost all maxxis are good for a rear 2.35 - 2.7 (if frame will take it) mostly DH maxxis work the best, ive had a few in past years but the high roller dual ply slow reezay is by far the best ive used. very good for grip, sharp rocks, walls etc and they almost take it hands down on pucture resistance (pinch or thorn/glass), the only tyres i have had better them is a prestine 3 years useage and not 1! pucture on a set of mich hot-s tubeless tyres which have been on 2 bikes now they have survived so long, down side is their not as grippy as the high roller and on a sloped surface the high roller will hold that bit better before giving.

front tyres are more open 2 choice, the majority of tyres will do, wheight and grip factors varie so choose what you may with reason.