Any Future Pilots Out There?

Borat

Bonjour,

I, ever since I were little have wanted to be a pilot. I know *adamtrials* on here has got his own plane.

But I have been wondering who is or is wanting be be a pilot. I personly am On fs2004 just about everyday.

So please, get back to me. ^_^

Bonjour,

I, ever since I were little have wanted to be a pilot. I know *adamtrials* on here has got his own plane.

But I have been wondering who is or is wanting be be a pilot. I personly am On fs2004 just about everyday.

So please, get back to me. ^_^

yep I wanna be a pilot I can't afford lessons so after a levels I'll join the army as a pilot after service I'll become a commercial.

maybe join an A.T.C (air training core) chinn, they'll point you in the right direction about flying and you'll have loads of fun doing it, meeting new people and going on trips where you'll get see and fly all sorts of planes.

Edited by Nickkkkk

yep I wanna be a pilot I can't afford lessons so after a levels I'll join the army as a pilot after service I'll become a commercial.

Exactly my plan too, its cool to see everyone who have the same passion for it :) Has anyone else been in the air cadets?

Cam

Hah, if only it was that simple.

As mentioned by borat, I have my own plane, it's a f**king beast lol. I have around 40 hours flying so don't actually have my P P L yet, it'll be next summer at the least before I get the license now due to uni. If anyone is considering doing their pilot training themselves i'd advise doing it later in life, you have no idea of the sheer f**king financial hell it can cause even if it does look viable on paper, blow it on pills and coke instead and have a good time and worry about flying later... A few years back it was possible to fund it yourself at a young age, I don't think it's possible any more now lending has seriously tightened up.

That said, if any P P L holders fancy flying my plane then let me know, it's very cheap per hour and currently sat in a hanger feeling lonely...

Edited by adamtrials

If you're not going to learn to fly through the forces, start saving now ;)

A P-P-L is around £14k, and a CPL (inc P-P-L) comes up to about £50k...

Plus all the other shit you have to add on to an atpl to actually get a job you're looking at 90k... My friend completed it by getting literally hundreds of credit cards and getting more and more to pay each other off, thankfully he's got lucky and is now earning enough to pay it off but you'd be screwed if you didn't get a job, he knows plenty of people with ATPLs working in tesco to try and pay off the debt...

Yeah, it's expensive stuff. I can imagine though that a commercial pilot that flies a lot doesn't really spend much time at home, and hotels/food/etc are paid for by whoever you're flying for, so you end up keeping much more of your pay than your average job. Can't take too long to break even if you fly a lot.

Yeah, it's expensive stuff. I can imagine though that a commercial pilot that flies a lot doesn't really spend much time at home, and hotels/food/etc are paid for by whoever you're flying for, so you end up keeping much more of your pay than your average job. Can't take too long to break even if you fly a lot.

You'd be surprised. GF's dad and brother are both pilots and they get a remarkable amount of time off, although I think there's quite a lot of time on 'standby'

Seriously looking into this after finding out the marines will be a big no... Had a lesson the other day, got another four booked. Luckily Grandmothers paying as a reward for doing well in exams, can get bloody expensive otherwise. First lesson's basically briefings, general shit that you need to know before even taking off. Depending how much you cover in your first lesson, you should be flying by the second.

Was speaking to my tutor the other day and he was saying, if your wanting to fly for a public airline, you'll need your CPL. This allows you to fly planes for pay, then for anything with more than nine seats, or over the gross weight of 12,500 lbs you'll need your ATPL If you fund it yourself your looking into debts of £150k by the end.

Chinnery, no minimum age to learn to fly, only need to be 14 to get your logbook and your hours to count for your people! So if you can find someone to pay for your lessons now, and you can get some solo hours in once your 16 or 17 go for it, you'll of saved yourself the best part of 1k, every little helps. Not only that but take your fitness seriously, medicals for your people are strict. For your ATPL you need to be in top shape!

Seriously, this flight school you're using sound utter balls, they're taking you for a ride. Tell them to f**k off and find somewhere that isn't going to charge you £150 for ground school...

A CPL won't really allow you to do much in the way of commercial flying except charge people for pleasure flights in cessnas, without an instrument rating you can't fly in class D/ B/ I should really be able to remember the rest/ airspace or fly out of sight of the ground so you are essentially useless. Even if it did there are so many redundant ATPL holders that they'd get picked over you. A frozen ATPL is not an extra rating that you have to do, it's something you acquire once you have a CPL and an instrument rating and all the ground school/ possibly some other shit that i've forgotten. Even then to get a job you'll probably need your jet rating/ multi crew cooperation etc, and you'll quite possibly have to pay to do a type rating.

Fitness for the medical isn't a problem at our age, and judging by the size of most old pilots it isn't for them either... I've done the commercial medical, it's not hard to pass as long as there isn't anything medically wrong with you and it's very important to have good eyesight (Including perfect colour vision and good peripheral vision). If you're actually considering doing the commercial license then before you even start the p.p.l you should get a class one medical done (Bye bye £400...), as there may be something wrong with you that you had no idea about or that may make you fail.

Either way don't start flying 'til you're say 15.5 at the very earliest, otherwise you're gonna get to solo standard within 5-10 hours then realise there's nothing more you can do, then once you're 16 you'll have to go over exactly the same lessons again...