How To Make A Tyre To A Slick

Sam Moss

What i tryed to do is file it and that takes a long time just for one nobble, So that doesnt work so good.

lol yeh but get a piece of metal and file it down 2 cm's it'll take longer than using a hacksaw, get a cup of water and a stanley knife and wet the blade each time you go to cut a nobble off and after doing the whole tire maybe a sander or just trim it a bit with the stanley or just go out and skid on it and that should be alright

i did mine using a stanley knife, but i gess a grinder with a cutting disc would be better maybe?

No an angle grinder will smoke out your friends garage till your both almost dead, trust me....

Put the tye on the wheel inflate it, then hold the wheel between your leg get a f**k of tree cutting saw and go for it, took me all of 5 mins.... why do you want to do it on a mod though? and crawlers wont go slick because theyr'e square tyres....

on mine a firstly cut all of the nobbles of using a stanley knife and a metal cutting saw ( made it roughly cut down ) . Then inflated my tyre got out my trusty black&decker handsander thing to finish it off. But it's not worth putting a slick on this time of year, I'd say there more suited for the summer months.

Edited by Jack Morton

Am i the only person who thinks this is rather stupid?

Buy a slick tyre if you want a slick tyre all your going to do is rape your perfectly usable tyre by taking tools to it and cutting it to shreds. If your planning to do it for any for of weight saving then it really is sad. Buy a knobly tyre use a knobly tyre, want a slick buy a slick. End of.

Am i the only person who thinks this is rather stupid?

Buy a slick tyre if you want a slick tyre all your going to do is rape your perfectly usable tyre by taking tools to it and cutting it to shreds. If your planning to do it for any for of weight saving then it really is sad. Buy a knobly tyre use a knobly tyre, want a slick buy a slick. End of.

it does work I've done it myself and it does grip i can assure you but I'm just curios where are these 19'' slicks aye ???

it does work I've done it myself and it does grip i can assure you but I'm just curios where are these 19'' slicks aye ???

No idea i ride stock therefor dont look around for mod parts im just saying its a really stupid idea, Spend X amount of money on a tyre then spend X amount of time on cutting it to sh*t doesnt really seem worth it for any form of improvement. You save a few grams of weight big woop.

Does grip on what? Dry concrete?

well yeah anything dry really, i dont ride in the wet anyway ever

No idea i ride stock therefor dont look around for mod parts im just saying its a really stupid idea, Spend X amount of money on a tyre then spend X amount of time on cutting it to sh*t doesnt really seem worth it for any form of improvement. You save a few grams of weight big woop.

lol its a practicly bald tire anyway its only a case of cutting whats left of the tred off dont cry about it mate he was only asking