How To Make A Tyre To A Slick

Sam Moss

Iv just been filing my old creepycrawler trying to make it a slick but i realised its not working. Does anyone have any better ways to do it. Thanks.

Maybe a aluminium milling blade in a clutched angle grinder like a matabo. Seems to cut 50mm thick boat/ship rubber fender with ease.

Im sure it will do a tyre in seconds and there will be next to no smoke, if any at all

What is the overall point in doing this?

Even if you dont ride on anything other than dry concrete, Having tread on your tire is going to benifit you way more than slick.

If you want to do drifting on your bike then a slik would be good, but Im failing to find the practicality of doing such a thing.

WHY?

P.S If its for "Saving weight", then I dont think that the few grams you lose is going to do anything spectacular.

What is the overall point in doing this?

Even if you dont ride on anything other than dry concrete, Having tread on your tire is going to benifit you way more than slick.

If you want to do drifting on your bike then a slik would be good, but Im failing to find the practicality of doing such a thing.

WHY?

P.S If its for "Saving weight", then I dont think that the few grams you lose is going to do anything spectacular.

for that post my friend... I just validated you. ;)

Pussys with your gay stanley knives.

Angle grinder + sanding disk =

(check the tyre, one slick side)

I just watched your video.... There wasn't a single shot that you could see your tyres close up enough....

i got a set of of cc tires that i cut the tred of, there way lighter than normal new ones plus you get more bounce from them as slicks and better roll, for the weather no if you ride in the rain/wet no point but i am alright cause i only ride in dry

How? It's the same tyre, so it's the same beading, casing, etc. so how is it any different? If you're after 'bounce', just drop a few psi out.

How? It's the same tyre, so it's the same beading, casing, etc. so how is it any different? If you're after 'bounce', just drop a few psi out.

yea then dent your rim with ease and have it feeling worse than ever, you just have to try it, it's a really wierd thing but you just really got to try it to notice the differance between psi's and bounce shizz

I'm really new to riding trials but from what i remeber from my physics class back in school tread would make a tyre stiffer due to some parts of the surface beeing thicker and less able to stretch/compress then others and thus, making the tyre have less "bounce". But i can't imagine there beeing much difference, it's not like were talking tractor tyres

I have made 2 slicks for my 24 street bike. Had sum old hale sumthings and was bored. went and found my sanding plane that runs a stanly blade in it. set the blade to 2mm. poped the tire on the rear rim. pumped it up hard. terned the bike upside down. started to spin the wheel. pushing the blade on to the tread. after 5mins one almost slick tire. spin the tire around. pump it up agane and cut the rest of the tread off. one nice slick tire. no cuts in it. no rubber dust from a grinder to kill me. just a lot of mess to sweep up. hope the spellings ok in that lot.

I have just done mine and it has worked very well, have the tyre on your bike pumped up and get a grinder and slowly grind off the tread until it is smooth or you can cut all the nobles off and then smooth it out with a grinder. I do not know weather sand paper will work for smoothing the tyre down but if you want to try it have ago and tell me how it went. x