A Little Bit Of Help

Grovesy93

I thought I'd start a new thread to help new people like me who dont understand some of the slang and abbreviations almost everyone here uses. So if your new and don't understand something post it on here and hopefully some one will help you. :D

I thought Id ask the first one does BB mean bottom bracket I think thats what it means but I'm not 100% sure

Dictionary/Glossary

BB- Bottom bracket

Maggies- Magura brakes

Mod- 20" wheel bike

Stock- 26" wheel bike

LBS- Local bike shop

CS=Chain stays

WB=Wheel base

Geo= Geometry

HS= Headset

CK=Chris King

CC=Creepy Crawler

FFW = front freewheel

IS = international standard

DD = dual disc

HS= headset

HA = head-angle

bump - bring up my post

imo - in my opinion

Edited by Grovesy93

Ah, I ride a 19" uni but with thick creepy crawler tyres ;) is there really that much slang used around here? The only one I can think of is what I saw 5 mins ago "LBS" for Local Bike Shop...any suggestions for words or names that the newer people might not get? (not that I'm an experienced forumer :P)

Ot: - Off trials or off task ,

It's off topic dude.

Mock= stock with 20" front wheel

I've heard that used to describe 24s, actually, it's neither. They might be used by a few people, but almost no-one else has heard of it being used in either sense, so it's not really "slang".

Modstock is used all the time though.

Modstock is used all the time though.

I want places and times. I only ever saw it on tartybikes for a few weeks until they split it up into 116mm and 135mm. I've never heard that used since then until now.

Oh, IIRC if i recall (remember) correctly. I never knew what that meant until a few days ago.

What the hell?

You've honestly never heard it before? It's used a fair bit on here and it normal conversation all the time lol.

You need to come home JT and get out on the bike. :P

erm people use modstock all the time....

definite tra called the "angelboy" a mock.....may not be used, but surely easier if people know what it means :)

• 1 year later...

thanks alot i kept seeing Bump and was wondering what it is all about. but how do you bring up someone's post and what does it do?

also what or who is Chris King? and what is a creepy crawler? (except for another way of saying bug)

When you add a reply to a thread, it automatically 'bumps' the topic to the top of the forum list.

Chris King is a high end components manufacturer from usa. They used to make 'the' hubs to get (not so sure any more?)

Creepy crawler is a type of tyre.

When you add a reply to a thread, it automatically 'bumps' the topic to the top of the forum list.

Chris King is a high end components manufacturer from usa. They used to make 'the' hubs to get (not so sure any more?)

Creepy crawler is a type of tyre.

ahh thanks. as you probably guessed im new to trials and so to get started i was told to join this to get advice and parts cheap. thats why i have no idea :/