Yaabaa Stinger

tryallmaster

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time coming but here it is... My new frame after 4 years on the Ashton!

Ok, so I have gone from a short snappy street bike to a longer and higher bb frame. I was very sceptical when I purchased the Yabbaa because I was unsure if I could still pull off

streety lines without looking like I was turning around the Titanic! Well, the first ride on the bike after being in a cast for 6 weeks then rehab for 12 weeks was very suprising.

I adapted to it almost straight away. However, taps were slightly weird because my timing is used to pulling up a lot later on the ashton (shorter frame). Sidehops on the Yaabaa

are so much easier! The higher bb combined with a high front end makes the rear wheel control a breeze. I have only ridden rocks briefly but I felt so relaxed and precise on the yaabaa compared with the Ashton. I highly recommend the the rain king on the rear. Ali C recommended it to me and it wasnt wrong when he said it is the best tyre he has ridden. The sidewalls are very responsive and love angled rocks / surfaces..

I am running the TNN ultimate braking system on the rear with the LGM pads with a medium sharp grind. I have seen the TNN clamps and booster develop first hand and aware of the extensive workmanship behind this innovative design. There has been a 'brake through' in trials brakes. The TNN braking system makes life so much easier when it comes to setting up and changing pads. Although I highly recommend you ensure the brake mount are even (this is so the pads hit the rim evenly). TNN have brought a video blog explaining how to set up the braking system correctly - very useful!

The TNN braking system speaks for its self aesthetically but the performance is incredable. The solid and extremely responsive feel gives me so much confidence and one less thing to worry about. Once the brake is set up thats it! Before I was always with an allen key adjusting my maggy during rides. Now I never touch it!

So far I am very happy with my choice and will get a vid out very soon...

Cheers to Tarty for hooking me up with the frame, Trial tech for parts and TNN for the Ultimate Braking and continuously developing quality parts.

Thankyou Tim at Expressivebikes for keeping the sport alive in Australia!

Hope you like!

Lewis.

post-7595-1258545397_thumb.jpg

post-7595-1258545415_thumb.jpg

post-7595-1258545436_thumb.jpg

post-7595-1258545450_thumb.jpg

Looks nice Lewis!

Rehab? Raging alchy were you? Is that what Sun sea and birds does to you?

Haha, yes mate..thats what happens!

Giant Martin Hawyes Replica was better! trialtech bars?

Hey Klaus! Hows it going badge!

Nothing beats the classic Hawyesy!!! That was a beast!

Get some pics up!

YeahI decided to go with the trial techs. They are not bad - suit the frame.

Is the yaabaa stringer availiable in black now, or is that just an effect from the camera flash?

Its just the flash.

Looks good Lewis.

Cheers Sean. I hope things are well back in Sunny England. Have you been out much?

VIDEO NOW!!!

SOON hopefully!