Khe Collapse Chain?

josh barker

Yer, I've been using them for years. I've never snapped one and they are a lot stronger than the KMC chains. They are prone to getting stiff links though, so keep it well lubricated!

EDIT: Yer,what they said.

Edited by max-t

I've never run one but don't think I ever would because of the stiff link problem... doesn't seem like it can be very well designed if it does that so badly. I've been using a Trialtech Lite for months now with no problems and Kools for years before then. I'd happily use nothing other than those two...

I used one and thought it was a little unnecessary. Its got stiff a lot, i snapped it once and it did stretch to a really annoying length that was either too short or too slack even with a tensioner, but thats more down to my set-up.

I tried out a trialtech lite about 6 months ago and i prefer it much more. I ride more agressively now than with the old chain but its holding up great, i think they're very good and it hasn't stretched much.

I'd go for the trialtech, but the khe is good also - i just didn't get on aswell with it.

Aww... Sucks to be you then.

On a serious note, was it just a tiny bit of stretching or alot? Because usually they barely stretch atall.

I had about 5mm of adjustment left on my cams when the chain was new, after it stretched I used up the remaining 5mm of adjustment. Then it got to a point where it's stretched beyond my cams adjustment. So I swapped over the spare links when I had to shorten it at the beginning and now it's all fine.