How To Bleed A Magura Disk With Water? Help Please

zoo 06

Maguras are fine to use with water as the pads don't heat up and there away from the pistons.

Disks you should never ever use water, it will more than likely ruin your sealsand as you use the brake the ceramic of the pads will heat up, the water will boil and the brake will loose all power.

The DOT fluid designed for disk brakes is far more resistant to heat.

Why would you want to bleed any brake with water? Even if it is a HS brake. The disadvantages outweigh the advantages and you'll just make it less reliable.

I get what you're saying. But people do it because it's just easier, less messy and gives the leaver a lighter feel.

Maguras are fine to use with water as the pads don't heat up and there away from the pistons.

Disks you should never ever use water, it will more than likely ruin your sealsand as you use the brake the ceramic of the pads will heat up, the water will boil and the brake will loose all power.

The DOT fluid designed for disk brakes is far more resistant to heat.

DOT fluid is only for hope brakes. Magura discs use mineral oil.

I bled the disc on my mod with water years ago and it was fine. At one point I even used a HS 33 lever and it still worked fine the lever just felt stiff.

I can't remember exactly how I did it but I'm pretty sure I used a syringe and bled from the caliper up to the lever.

Its not the best idea to use water with a disc brake but it does work. I didn't notice the water getting hot, expanding or boiling when I did it so I think you'll be alright for trials.

Don't forget that you'll have no warranty if you do it though.

DOT fluid is only for hope brakes. Magura discs use mineral oil.

I bled the disc on my mod with water years ago and it was fine. At one point I even used a HS 33 lever and it still worked fine the lever just felt stiff.

I can't remember exactly how I did it but I'm pretty sure I used a syringe and bled from the caliper up to the lever.

Its not the best idea to use water with a disc brake but it does work. I didn't notice the water getting hot, expanding or boiling when I did it so I think you'll be alright for trials.

Don't forget that you'll have no warranty if you do it though.

thanks for the infomation lads, im goin for it lol.

:)

Youra f**king tard then!

DO NOT USE WATER IN DISCS. Did you not read that it rapes the seals and it will boi land NOT wrok? :S

Ive done it with my Magura Louise and it works fine :D

I will probably change it to sunflower oil soon though.

Edited by 5murf